First Canister Matinance

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mauigirl

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok , so I am about to do my first real maintenance on my Eheim 2215.
It has been cycled and running for about 1.5-2 months now.

I get all the rinsing in tank water, just swish or lightly squeeze the sponges etc.
My question is
I am going to throw away the carbon sponge that came with and totally replace the filter floss with a more durable small pore sponge and a different style of floss that is again a bit more durable,
I will still have the original bio media/sponge/more media/new sponge/new floss set up.
this shouldn't be a problem should it?

the carbon and floss will be hosting some bacteria, but once removed the colony on remaining media should quickly catch up to cope with the bioload.

the carbon and floss will be hosting some bacteria, but once removed the colony on remaining media should quickly catch up to cope with the bioload.
Great I am estimating the amount I'm removing as maybe 1/8 or less so was fairly certain I should be ok.
but better safe than lugging buckets.

always do a couple of tests in the following days to be certain, but it should be fine.

always do a couple of tests in the following days to be certain, but it should be fine.
I'm a nut about tests anyway, this shouldn't be an inconvenience in the least :rolleyes: .

It is a young filter or I wouldn't have even worried.

Thanks for the quick reply

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back