Finally Starting To See Some Life In My Sun Coral!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@ombomb

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Bought it on friday, was getting rather worried (by Sunday) that it wasn't going to make it.

:band: :band: :band:

Seeing very good sign from virtually the heads now.

Probably should have let is settle in a bit before fragging it really. :blush:

I have been nursing a pretty much dead sun coral for a couple of weeks now. A good way of getting it to open is to put it in a bowl of tank water and filling it with LOTS of food. Then swish it around a bit (the water not the bowl) The sun coral can't resist and opens up pretty sharpish if it's healthy. Even ones that look dead will respond to this eventually :good:

If you can see hints of it's polyps then try gently holding a single mysis to one of the heads. It will retract back into itself if you touch it but if you're really gentle it will probably hang onto the mysis. Give it a couple of minutes then feed another head. Do this to as many heads as you can see polyps showing on. By the next day you should see some improvement. If you do this daily it should be open within a week :good:

Thanks Sian, I'd been digging around to find the thread you started about getting one feeding!

I'll try the bowl method this evening if there's no more progress.

:good:

Keep us posted on how it's going :good:

I love sun corals, they are so pretty. I take lots of pleasure in feeding mine and it shows now as my yellow one is FAT. Don't be scared of overfeeding it once it opens. It will tell you when it's hungry. Mine had a huge feed 48hrs ago and hasn't wanted anything since.

In fact I'm considering making a tank of just suncorals :D

Lmao, dont forget the black sun corals Sian, they need love too :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back