Finally! Pictures of my Blood Fins and Corys.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What camera are you using?!

The pic are stunning, I really want to have a camera like yours.

I don’t know if my ipad camera sucks or I don’t have skills :/

What camera are you using?!

The pic are stunning, I really want to have a camera like yours.

I don’t know if my ipad camera sucks or I don’t have skills :/
It’s the iPad camera, trust me. iPads can take good photos, but it’s extremely hard to perfect it and get any sense of depth.

Take these photos for example:
56535315-F94B-4C62-A5BC-86198C71EB95.jpeg

87A63020-12D2-437E-A240-05D8527567DB.jpeg

62BAFAC4-057F-4050-8C8A-0AF7FECFED2F.jpeg

Pretty decent right? Those were taken with my iPad Mini 4. But, they had a lot of doctoring to them. (In the photos app - I had to adjust the light, sharpness, filters, etc. to make them look good)

These were taken with a Lumix Camera:
65142837-0E64-4AD6-88F0-6574F14E23DB.jpeg

F8B60613-B536-4D0E-A63F-C6E0F37F46A2.jpeg

B5325BCE-8591-4465-9A99-2E7C0B7348B8.jpeg

These had very little adjustments done to them.

I’ll make a thread later explaining it more, and the differences. I’ll make sure to tag you. :)

(I use a Lumix camera, but I forgot the model)

Woah!

So that’s answered the questions; my camera skills sucks...
Not your camera skills, just a crappy camera built into an ipad.

I spent a thousand dollars on a new digital camera some years back. I couldn't take a decent picture with it. The camera shop blamed user error. I told them to pull their head in because I had been using cameras for longer than most of them had been alive for. They stood by their statement of user error and called me an idiot.

After 12 months of jumping through their hoops and taking the camera to the manufacturer and everything else, we ended up in court. I had taken pictures of a garden using 2 different cameras. I had a tripod and put both cameras on it and took the same picture at the same time using both cameras. One camera was the you bute thousand dollar job and the other was a hundred dollar happy snap camera. Theoretically the thousand dollar camera should have given better photos but it didn't. The cheaper camera gave much better pictures.

I lost the court case because according to the magistrate, I didn't prove the camera was faulty and the hundred dollar camera was probably a better model than the thousand dollar camera. The magistrate was an idiot. The camera shop knew there was an issue just by looking at the pictures and after the court case they came over and offered to swap the camera body (not the lens). I got the new camera body and the pictures were much better but still blurry around the bottom and right edge (due to the dodgy lens). So even if you spend money on a good camera, you don't always get a good camera. Some of the best pictures I ever took with a digital camera, were taken on a Fuji Finepix 3Megapixel point and shoot camera. It cost about $80 and was one of the first digital cameras available here. It was brilliant.

Finally was able to get some decent photos of the stock in my 20g long tank. Enjoy!
View attachment 128331
View attachment 128332
View attachment 128333
(The Blood Fin Tetras are still super skittish)
View attachment 128334
View attachment 128335
View attachment 128336
(And... shrimp. ;))
View attachment 128337
If you look close enough, you can see little ridges on it's head. Probably some of the most detailed fish photography I've done.

So beautiful photos!

Not your camera skills, just a crappy camera built into an ipad.

I spent a thousand dollars on a new digital camera some years back. I couldn't take a decent picture with it. The camera shop blamed user error. I told them to pull their head in because I had been using cameras for longer than most of them had been alive for. They stood by their statement of user error and called me an idiot.

After 12 months of jumping through their hoops and taking the camera to the manufacturer and everything else, we ended up in court. I had taken pictures of a garden using 2 different cameras. I had a tripod and put both cameras on it and took the same picture at the same time using both cameras. One camera was the you bute thousand dollar job and the other was a hundred dollar happy snap camera. Theoretically the thousand dollar camera should have given better photos but it didn't. The cheaper camera gave much better pictures.

I lost the court case because according to the magistrate, I didn't prove the camera was faulty and the hundred dollar camera was probably a better model than the thousand dollar camera. The magistrate was an idiot. The camera shop knew there was an issue just by looking at the pictures and after the court case they came over and offered to swap the camera body (not the lens). I got the new camera body and the pictures were much better but still blurry around the bottom and right edge (due to the dodgy lens). So even if you spend money on a good camera, you don't always get a good camera. Some of the best pictures I ever took with a digital camera, were taken on a Fuji Finepix 3Megapixel point and shoot camera. It cost about $80 and was one of the first digital cameras available here. It was brilliant.
Yeesh!

I believe mine (technically my moms, but she never uses it, lol) was around $600. Takes pretty good photos:https://www.fishforums.net/threads/my-personal-best-photographs.465033/ (I really need to add more - I have lost just sitting around)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back