Finally! Pictures of my Blood Fins and Corys.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

So, the substrate in the aquarium above is Quikrite? I like it, and it's not as fine as so many sands. I'm definitely going to look into Quikrite. Thanks!
It's actually Quikrete PFS (pool filter sand), I use it in my tanks, as well

Attachments

• 9400ED6A-726F-4E57-8750-A809518BB120.png
    9400ED6A-726F-4E57-8750-A809518BB120.png
    473.8 KB · Views: 60
I have read (no experience) that the play sand is very fine, dusty, and messy...the PFS just the opposite

I have read (no experience) that the play sand is very fine, dusty, and messy...the PFS just the opposite
Honestly, I use pool sand in my swimming pool filter and it’s a little courser. I haven’t found dust issues with either one. Just a matter of choice and price. :)

Honestly, I use pool sand in my swimming pool filter and it’s a little courser. I haven’t found dust issues with either one. Just a matter of choice and price. :)
Gotcha, thanks

The cory’s Look awesome!!! However the detail on shrimp is neat as heck......bristles on its head like a shaved Marine wooop

Some of us use the Quickcrete play sand. @PheonixKingZ which do you use? Cost like $4.
Yes, although in my local stores they have changed to a different bag design and sand texture. No clue why, but I like the new stuff better. :dunno:

I have “played” with PFS in my hands before, and it didn’t seem dusty, although the grain size was much bigger compared to the play sand. It’s a personal preference.

Awesome! Let me know how it turns out. Tag me if you have any questions. :)

Thanks. This build is going extremely slowly. I decided to repaint the room I want to put the aquarium in, and I just finished that today. I have tank and stand, the top, some driftwood, an Aquaclear HOB, and other bits, but I still need to get my substrate and lights. I'm setting up a 30 gallon long and a 10 gallon quarantine/hospital tank.

why does one of your cories have a black dorsal fin but the others don't?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back