Finally I Got Good Angelfish!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ryguy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
well if you remeber me posting a few weeks ago, i said how i can never seem to keep angelfish. it was depresing beauase they just kept dying on me and i didnt know why, and from what everyone said, i was doing it right. well i decided to try again one last time and i bought two black angelfish. instantly when i put them in the tank, they swam. the next day, they would eat anything i gave them and are very active as well never leaving my view. they also already allow me to hand feed them and they are always swimming besides eachother. its amazing because when i get them they never eat and they always hide, but not these ones. well just posting this because i am excited and happy to find that i to can keep angelfish and for anyone else who struggled like me, just keep trying!

good for you :good: though personally i've never had such a person and i hope it stays this way :lol:

That is great news. I am definitely an angel lover. Not real experienced but just the same.

In my limited experience, where you purchase your fish from makes all the difference in the world. I am lucky enough to have about 6 lfs within 30 minutes of where I live. After spending many trips just to look, I purchased my first 3 angels, marbles, from 1 of the 2 stores that I felt had the best stock and knowledgable staff. Knowing that I wanted to add a few koi's to the tank I waited until 1 of them finally got some in stock. It happened to be the other store.

Within about 2 months I had a breeding pair, who now enjoy their own tank and have spawned 3 times (none have made it past free swimming stage yet - a lot to learn). Now 6 months later, I have a second breeding pair from the same original 5. (Not bragging, just really, really lucky) I hope some day to have an angel that I raised from an egg.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to hearing about them in the future and seeing their photos.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back