Final tank touches... sort of...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I'm working on finishing my tank with some drift wood and received two pieces today. Another should probably arrive Wednesday as the "flat one" was not what I ordered. That piece was supposed to have an Anubias attached. I've got all my plants, and the wood, from wetplants.com and they have been great but they messed up my order this time as the 'flat piece' was supposed to have an Anubias attached. They shipped the piece without the Anubias. They messed up but covered well. Even before I got the delivery they informed of the mistake and shipped the proper wood today as a 2nd day delivery. Told me to just keep the wrong piece.

Anyway, first things first. ;) All my plants have come from wetplants.com and are great. The only one that worried me was a bulb for a Tiger Lotus bulb as it just wasn't really doing much. I figured part of this was the fact that my rope fish seems to like to use it as a soccer ball and plays with the thing. In the last few days the bulb has gone live and I'm happy. :) Here is where it is currently at.
tiger-lotus.JPG

One of the wood pieces they call spider wood. Not sure exactly how I'm going to place yet but I like the piece.
spider wood.JPG

The last is the more flat piece of wood that should have had an Anubias attached. There will be two images as I will have a question on the second. What I got by mistake. The piece I should get Wednesday will have an Anubias attached.

flat wood.JPG

So here is the question but I'm not even sure if I could do without over crowding the front of the tank. The shown hole goes all the way thyrough the wood and I have a choice of a couple plants that I could use to attach through the hole. If this happens what do you think would be better; a broad leaf chain sword or a sagittaria dwarf bundle?
flat wood 2.jpg

When I got the drift wood with all the branches I almost cut off some as it seemed too much but decided to give it a bit of time. I'm glad that I did as I now really like it as is. Since being in the tank's water it has darkened and is blending well with the tree trunk thing When it arrived it was sort of a grayish white but it is now a reddish brown. It is now just blending in well adding to the red stems of one of my Anubias and the red of my sprouting Tiger Lotus. Another plant that I'm not even sure what it is is also getting some reddish color toward the top. The colors are just all coming together. :) The spider drift wood (one with all the branches) even blends with the red rock in front mounted with a red stemmed Anubias. Go up a post to see how pale the wood was when first introduced. I think I'm a happy camper with all this. Ya, I know! I need to scrape the inside glass. :)

IMG_2507.JPG

Last edited:
To add on to my last post I still have a chunk of drift wood that is not in my tank. It is about 8 inches long and there really isn't a place for it. I'm thinking about cutting it in half and using at least one 4 inch piece. One of the pieces would have a hole through all the way through and would be perfect for mounting one of my plants. I really don't have the room for another 8 inch piece but two 4 inch pieces could work.

The not used drift wood was an mistake in shipping and the outfit told me to just keep it when they corrected the order.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back