Final Decision Time!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falaria

Reaction score
It's my Birthday in less than a week. I've decided to add some new residents to my 10 gallon freshwater planted aquarium. I set it up in July and my parameters have been stable. I have a male betta in there.

I have received a few suggestions on a couple different forums, including this one. I am trying to decide between them.

I'm relatively new to this, so I'm trying to go with interesting fish that are hardy enough to handle a couple mistakes, if/when I make them.

I decided not to try cherry shrimp, due to the betta and hardiness. I'm still learning and I don't want to lose them because I'm too inexperienced.

I have been suggested a few (how many?) male endlers, or pheonix or chili rasboras, or half a dozen pygmy corydoras catfish. I am having trouble deciding... I also would like to add a couple amano shrimp or a mystery or nerite snail or both. What can I realistically pull of?

Thank you for your time and help!

Attachments

• 20201105_125546.jpg
    20201105_125546.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 49
Hello and welcome to this amazing hobby! :hi:

If the tank already has a betta in there, I do not suggest you add any more fish. Bettas are not community fish and shouldn’t be kept as such.

The betta will most likely go after the other fish, or vise verse. It will end with each of them being extremely stressed out, or both of the, dead.

Cherry shrimp and bettas can be kept together, depending on the temperament of the betta. If he is pretty chill, and the tank is fairly well planted, the shrimp will have plenty of room to hide and thrive.

It is sort of disappointing that you can’t keep fish with bettas (or shouldn’t), but it’s the best for both. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back