filters

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

clumpy

Reaction score
Can any one please help, I have to change a filter and Im looking at a either Fluval U4 or a Eheim internal filter for a 140 Litre tank, can anyone please suggest which would be better and safer for fry too.
Many Thanks in advance.

I would suggest an Eheim Biopower because that's what I have. I have had no problems with fry or baby cherry shrimp getting sucked up because the sponge in the bottom basket fits tightly against the slits. Since the filter is black, it could be further fry-proofed by slipping a black knee high sock (the type made of the same stuff as tights/pantihose) over the bottom basket.
It is also easy to 'persuade' old media to fit into the baskets of the biopower.

I would suggest an Eheim Biopower because that's what I have. I have had no problems with fry or baby cherry shrimp getting sucked up because the sponge in the bottom basket fits tightly against the slits. Since the filter is black, it could be further fry-proofed by slipping a black knee high sock (the type made of the same stuff as tights/pantihose) over the bottom basket.
It is also easy to 'persuade' old media to fit into the baskets of the biopower.
Cheers bud the eheim is a cheaper option i think , thanks again.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back