Filter mod help.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PhantomCarp

Fish Addict
Reaction score
At the end of this week I plan on getting a imagitarium 6.8 gallon tank.(had to downsize from fluval flex idea)the dimensions are 14Hx13.75Wx12.25L. But it has a 3.2 gallon filter in the back. The filter on this tank is supposed to be very bad so I was wondering if I could cut the wall out that separates the filter and tank, and add a sponge filter So the betta I get has a 10 gallon tank instead of a 6.8. Any tips on how to do this would be appreciated. Thank you

I wouldn't cut it out... if you can't use the tank, sell it.

Or, you can get a small filter and push it into the back compartment.

I wouldn't cut it out... if you can't use the tank, sell it.

Or, you can get a small filter and push it into the back compartment.
I haven’t got the tank I’m just looking for good tanks and was wondering of cutting it would be good. Can you pls give more details on why I shouldn’t cut it out?

I haven’t got the tank I’m just looking for good tanks and was wondering of cutting it would be good. Can you pls give more details on why I shouldn’t cut it out?
I think it would ruin the whole idea of the tank design... why not just get another tank? (A "plain" one?)

But why get that tank, if you are just going to cut something out of it? I say (if you really want that tank) get it. Then, if you decide the filter is bad, make your modifications then.

Okay that’s a good idea a I’ll see how good it runs when I cycle the tank
But why get that tank, if you are just going to cut something out of it? I say (if you really want that tank) get it. Then, if you decide the filter is bad, make your modifications then.

I wouldn’t get it. I’ve had 2 and not only did the filter die within 2 months, but the glass breaks easily. I barely tapped one on the counter and the entire bottom broke. Waste of money in my opinion. They look good but looks aren’t enough. Sorry for the bad review. :( Best Buy is the 10G from Walmart.

I wouldn’t get it. I’ve had 2 and not only did the filter die within 2 months, but the glass breaks easily. I barely tapped one on the counter and the entire bottom broke. Waste of money in my opinion. They look good but looks aren’t enough. Sorry for the bad review. :(
Thank you I would rather have a bad review that’s truthful than a good one that’s a lie

Glad @Deanasue could give you some real advice. :good:

Get the starter kit from Walmart. They make pretty good tanks. (The filters are good)

Get the one from Walmart. That’s all I use anymore for my bettas. 10G is like $35 for tank, hood, and filter. I toss the filter and use a sponge filter. :). They last forever. My 55G even came from there.

They are pretty cheap. All you need now is a heater! ($10-$15). That saved you a lot of money. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back