Filter Mod for Biorb tank (rectangular tank)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kirih

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of moding BIORB tanks?

I have Biorb "Life" 45 Litre (10 Gallon) tank.(rectangular).
These have under gravel filter which is not efficient.
So I've bought a "Eheim Aquaball" filter (normal internal filter) installed which is doing the job nicely and also has air flow function.

Now I want to remove tank's original under gravel airstone and filter media,and fill it with sand.
but how can I block the air tube?

I don't want to permanently remove the filter section because then there will be a hole at the bottom of tank to fill in with silicone, and it will be difficult with risk of water leaking, I rather somehow just block the air tube that is attached to the tank from the buttom.

is it possible just to block the airtube with some silicone sealant and leave it hanging?

Full_Size_Render.jpg

why do you say that?
It is well known..it simply cannot clean the water as good as a real filter..particles floating in water and water health not as it should be..
besides I've already fitted a proper filters so no use for Biorb filtration..I much rather put some nice white sand in instead of those ugly sharp stones (Biorb media) so I can keep a catfish too.
this way I also get rid of the noisy Biorb airstone and pump too.

Nothing wrong with ugf, they just can't sale you cartridges for them.

It is well known..it simply cannot clean the water as good as a real filter..particles floating in water and water health not as it should be..

it is not well known.....and if somebody tells you that, they are just uneducated on the subject like yourself.....

Under gravel filters are very effective as long as they are maintained properly.....the problem is a lot of people don't understand how they work, so they don't know how to take care of them to keep the tank healthy,

that is like hating your computer because you dont know how to use it

your under gravel filter is perfectly fine for that tank, that is why the filter comes with it,

i have been running 4 180 GALLON tanks for over 10 years using under gravel filters ALONE!!

these tanks are crystal clear and have been perfectly healthy for the entire duration of that time to this day,

another great thing about under gravel filters is, they basically last forever,

i think you should do some reading and learning on the subject,

Last edited:
With proper maintenance under gravel filters, are a proven, long lasting, inexpensive, safe, reliable, and low maintenance filter.

it is not well known.....and if somebody tells you that, they are just uneducated on the subject like yourself.....

Under gravel filters are very effective as long as they are maintained properly.....the problem is a lot of people don't understand how they work, so they don't know how to take care of them to keep the tank healthy,

that is like hating your computer because you dont know how to use it

your under gravel filter is perfectly fine for that tank, that is why the filter comes with it,

i have been running 4 180 GALLON tanks for over 10 years using under gravel filters ALONE!!

these tanks are crystal clear and have been perfectly healthy for the entire duration of that time to this day,

another great thing about under gravel filters is, they basically last forever,

i think you should do some reading and learning on the subject,
actually I don't need to any reading, if it works for you, good but for this tank I always saw particles floating in water, that's proof enough that it wasn't working properly.I put an Eheim internal filter in and within 2 days water is crystal clear.
I didn't ask about pros/cons of under gravel filter I just asked if anyone knows how to remove the whole setup from this tank so I can put soft sand in.and I can see you don't know that.

no that's not proof it's not working properly....that's proof that you don't know how to take care of your tank properly
the only proof I'm seeing here is proof of arrogancy.
if you don't have anything constructive related to the question to say, leave my topic.
I didn't ask about how filters work,I asked how to remove the filter from that tank.
I'm not interested in which filter you think is better.

I'm not interested in which filter you think is better.

Well actually you should be because we were trying to save you trouble.

But seeing as you know best, you go right ahead and do it your way, I for one will never respond to one of your posts again.

Well actually you should be because we were trying to save you trouble.

But seeing as you know best, you go right ahead and do it your way, I for one will never respond to one of your posts again.
This guy "mikey11" came here with a bad, bullying attitude trying to force his opinion, that's why I replied to him the way suits him.
I don't remember you going off topic or having same attitudes I don't know why you took it personally? if you won't reply to my post, you are welcome I don't really care.didn't get much input anyway.
there are other of forums with more welcoming and more knowledgable user base anyway.

the only proof I'm seeing here is proof of arrogancy.

yes i agree, arrogance and more importantly ignorance on your part,

you are exactly the type of person i previously described in my post #5 in this thread, you are just uneducated and don't understand how the filter works, or how to take care of it,

don't hate on a product when the user/yourself is the one at fault,

do some reading and educate yourself on the subject at hand

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back