Filter Media Advice Needed Please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Deepatlantis

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Classica Paradom 60 tank and I've never replaced the filter media but it's starting to fall apart. The tank is fully cycled and established. I don't know what type of filter I need. It is a freshwater tropical tank and I believe it came with a fine white polyester sponge filter, but it seems there are other products available. What should I have in the filter compartment? Do I need a piece of carbon? Bio balls? I want to give better filtration than what's there at the moment.

Also, I've tried googling to find out what size I need, but I can't find a size chart anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

just replace it with more foam from the manufacturer or use someĀ that isĀ as close as to the original foam density and cut it to size, but when you are about to replace theĀ sponge cram the remains of the old filters foam in the filter as well as the new sponge :)Ā  No need for any carbon in a filter and bacteria will grow quite healthily on sponge alone so no need for bio balls either.Ā 

Thanks so much! I'll give that a try. I'm just nervous because I've not done it before!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back