Filter For New 150L Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pixel_zebra

Reaction score
I am currently setting up a new 150l aquarium and am trying to decide whether to buy an eheim classic 2213 canister filter or an aqua one 104f internal filter; if anyone knows anything about these could you let me know what is best and why? thanks.

I've a similar size tank and run the eheim on there.

I'm newly converted to external filters as I thought they would be complicated/messy/noisy. Its the opposite of all this, its easier to maintain as its outside the tank, you can only hear it if you put your ear to it.

I don't stock heavily but my water params are spot on...

Cannister all the way. So much better for adding your own media.

I have an eheim 2215 (next model up from 2213) and it's the best filter I've owned so far. I was a bit sceptical at first because the design was so simple, but I think the simplicity is actually what makes it such a good filter. If you go for the eheim, make sure you get the double taps for the hoses - it'll make maintenance a lot easier!

I use a Fluval FX5 which is way too big for your tank but I also use a Fluval U4 internal filter for filtering out the small bits by substituting the media. I am quite impressed by the U4, it's strong, convenient to maintain and unobtrusive. Just a thought.

Most reactions

trending

Back