Filter Floss

petertr

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
756
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Peterlee, Co. Durham, England
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying some filter floss to go into my Fluval 405 (no leaks, yet!!!).


There is an Ebay item I'm looking at, and its 50grams. But I've no idea how much that is. Is this bag the size of a sack of potatoes, or is it about the size of my fist?? :lol:

Ebay Item Here



TIA
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Think its round about the size of a big crisp bag

Not the best way to work it out i know but was all i could think of lol

I get my floss from Wilkinsons 15 gram for 50p
 
Hi petertr :)

This bag of filter floss weighs 7 oz. (198.5 grams) and costs me $4.99 US. This will give you some idea of the volume of the material.

To put my answer in a different perspective, let me tell you that I have about 30 tanks running on box filters, which is more than 500 gallons of water, and a bag this size lasts me a year or so. You can use it over and over with just a rinse in used tank water, so a little bit goes a long way.

:D

BasicFiltrationNeeds.jpg
 
Think its round about the size of a big crisp bag

Not the best way to work it out i know but was all i could think of lol

I get my floss from Wilkinsons 15 gram for 50p


What section is it in in Wilkos? There's one in Peterlee I can pop to!

The pet section

There canny cheap in there for fish stuff i have been using there dechlorinator recently £2 a bottle
 
Hi,

Sorry this is a really nooby question, but why do you need filter floss?

Sorry, thanks.

D.
 
Hi,

Sorry this is a really nooby question, but why do you need filter floss?

Sorry, thanks.

D.

It catches all the tiny particles that come through the filter and helps make the water crystal clear

Good to have in the filter if you are using sand
 
Think its round about the size of a big crisp bag

Not the best way to work it out i know but was all i could think of lol

I get my floss from Wilkinsons 15 gram for 50p


What section is it in in Wilkos? There's one in Peterlee I can pop to!

The pet section

There canny cheap in there for fish stuff i have been using there dechlorinator recently £2 a bottle


Went to Peterlee Wilkos today - they didn't have any :-(

Going to have to buy some off ebay - haven't found any decent prices at any LFSs
 
Got 15G box you can have if you want mate can easy be made flat and stuck in a bubble wrap envolope and posted to you tomorrow

Dont want nowt for it like only cost me 65p i think lol its just in the way as i dont need it now
 
Got 15G box you can have if you want mate can easy be made flat and stuck in a bubble wrap envolope and posted to you tomorrow

Dont want nowt for it like only cost me 65p i think lol its just in the way as i dont need it now

Thanks for the offer, but just bought 250g off Ebay.

Cheers though.




Oh, why don't you need it anymore?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top