Filter Burn out

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

William

TFF Founder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Today my fluval 2 biolife filter suddenly stopped, there was a small noise from it but no water was being pumped. I took it off to the new lfs near me which so far has really impressed me, he informed me that it was burnt out and put in a new little water wheel bit because the old bit flies off everytime it spins due to overuse I think.

Anyway this tank has only been up a year and my other tanks haven't had this despite being set up longer. Is it a common and frequent thing which needs replacing every year or two? Cheers.

p.s. sorry for no technical terms but I don't know them :p

The 'water wheel' is called an impeller :p i dont see how it can break tho lol its just a magnet, as long as its clean it should work ;)

:lol: water wheel, first time i ever heard it called that! my lfs has loads of impellers, no idea how often they should be changed, no idea how to break one yet! ( there is always a first lol) by the by, if you take out your impeller to clean it dont loose the black bung if yours has one lol! they can boing around the room! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dunno what happened it just stopped working all works fine now though :D £7.50 for just for the impeller so don't go around breaking them! :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back