Filming A Fish Out Of Water

I agree with Chibi.

The amount of fish that die in the aquarium industry is really staggering. The amount that make it to a good home and live a good life is really small. A lot of people on here are disgusted w/ pet stores and how they keep their fish. Pet stores like walmart and petsmart and things like betta cups only exsist, because we keep fish as pets. The same with processes like fish dying. How many fish do you think die in these places and from these processes every year? Just because we want to keep them as pets.

Lucky you've only been here one day.
 
I wouldn't say this is so much a suffocation test, as a person coming to this forum asking if this is doable, and if it is what would be the safest & most humane way of going about it. I think coming to this forum as a newbie, and asking a somewhat controversial question, then expecting and receiving quality answers speaks highly of this forum's reputation. I think any member here has the well being of fish as their number one priority as an aquarist.

As Bnew stated, the filming crew, and probably most of the filming industry, does not care about the pain suffering & slow death of a fish. Bnew came here because of a personal concern for the well being of the fish that will be used. That being the case, any posts that don't address that specific issue really do the starter of this topic no good at all.

Now, let's not get personal, and help this new member solve a problem.
 
I wouldn't say this is so much a suffocation test, as a person coming to this forum asking if this is doable, and if it is what would be the safest & most humane way of going about it. I think coming to this forum as a newbie, and asking a somewhat controversial question, then expecting and receiving quality answers speaks highly of this forum's reputation. I think any member here has the well being of fish as their number one priority as an aquarist.

As Bnew stated, the filming crew, and probably most of the filming industry, does not care about the pain suffering & slow death of a fish. Bnew came here because of a personal concern for the well being of the fish that will be used. That being the case, any posts that don't address that specific issue really do the starter of this topic no good at all.

Now, let's not get personal, and help this new member solve a problem.



THANKYOU TOLAK. Flame wars are not helping anything. I will do my best to reduce the suffering of this fish because I don't like to see anything suffer. The reason the planet is in this state is BECAUSE humans put ourselves above everything else - and maybe the suffering of one fish isn't going to sway the world, but I will still stop it if I can because I love animals and frankly I don't see why one human is all that much more important than one fish. In the grand scheme of things I'm still a tiny speck. That's just the way I am, so go ahead and flame me because I will not be contributing anything more to this thread except advice to the OP.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top