Ace Of Spades
Fish Gatherer
I think your energy would be better spent worrying about those who fish for pleasure
Your saying that me fishing is worse then you leaving a fish to slowly suffocate for fun?
I think your energy would be better spent worrying about those who fish for pleasure
Well, in film, and general culture fish are not considered equal with other animals, and from what I can tell this is based around debate on the level of consciousness of fish. So aside from deliberate acts of cruelty, there is little concern about the wellbeing of fish, especially anything off camera, such as stress.
Secondly, the laws concerning animal cruelty in films only applies to things which are to receive BBFC certification in which case cuts are made, or be shown commercially on TV in which case action is only taken after the fact. This is only a small film that is unlikely to be seen by a wide audience so the already tenuous issue of cruelty to fish is a moot point.
Believe me, apart from me noone else involved in the film has any interest in the wellbeing of the fish whatsoever, and take the attitude that because we're not obligated to give a ####, we shouldn't. It's only because I have a fondness for fish and all living creatures that i'm looking into causing as little suffering as possible, when it's not my job to do so, and thankfully I am in a position to be able to influence the outcome.
I do respect the sentiment behind what you're saying, but I don't think it applies here. I think your energy would be better spent worrying about those who fish for pleasure, or those who eat fish.
And lastly, it's Art, not entertainment, there is a big difference!
Hi
So basically what your saying is, as its a small non commercial film suffering is ok?
As to saying my sentiment doesn't apply here, why doesn't it? Suffering caused intentionally is deemed as cruelty, whether its for your own entertainment, or a wider audience. Would the RSPCA condoned your actions?
You came on here to ask advice and opinions and I've given mine. Causing intentional cruelty, and knowingly causing cruelty cannot be condoned at any level.
Yes, it was good that you have decided to ask advice, but you have to accept that some may not agree.
As for spending my time worrying about eating fish.......are you going to eat the fish that die? Goldfish and other tropicals are not a food source.
Art! So if i used you in a film and took you to near death whilst holding you under water and.........oh you accidently died. Is that art?
The art thing doesn't wash on me I'm afraid. And there is not a big difference between art and entertainment.
In this day of CGI etc, there is no need at all to put any creature at risk.
I'm sorry if you dont agree with my opinion, but i keep fish to the best of my abilities and wouldn't knowingly do anything which would cause unecessary suffering