🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HotStuffGal

Fishaholic
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Okay To Start I Went On Vacation and While I Was Away My Dad

Was Looking Into My Tank and He Seemed To Not Find My RopeFish (He was there

I Did find him) He Felt Bad and Went to the Store and Bought Me Something I had

Always Wanted yet never could get, A Puffer, (Not to mention the fish were 30%

off lol) Anyway He Checked around with the Fish Master of all LPS, Paul and said

That there should be no problem getting me one. So While exiting the bag with the

1 puffer in his hand he see's a cool catfish and picks that up too. Well Thanks Dad

but the next time I go on Vacation I am strapping you to a chair so you can't buy

me anything. I Have No Idea about puffers, what they like to eat and so on and

should I get another because he seems quite lonley in my all bottom feeder,

nocturnal tank. Any Info Would Be Appreated and As soon as I can Figure Out

What the Cat fish is I will Post about him also. Thanks Everyone for your help this

site is the most helpfull thing I have ever been on! ~Scarlett

Hi there HotStuffGal;

Figure 8 are brakish water! I did some reading saying that they can be in fresh water when they are babies, but then need to be in brakish water to live the rest of their days. The are not a community fish and do better in a species tank. I didn't see what tank you put him in, but I would have him by himself. That is what I have mine in. I know you can have more than one, but they are extremly territoral and need time to establish this before introducing another one. The need a lot of coverage (plants and hinding places).
They love snails! Mine also like bloodworms, brine shrimp, and frozen shrimps. They should of course all be defrosted before giving them to him.

Hope this helped, for a start. I know that the others that have kept puffers can definelty give you some more insight into these little guys!
Elizabeth :D

Hi there!

You cannot keep your catfish in a tamk with yor Fig8 Puffer, as they won't tolerate salt, so I would suggest, as a bottom feeder, bumblebee gobies.

:p Okay thanks everyone, I have had bumbleBee gobies before but they just never worked out, thanks for the insight

Butterfly gobies or night gobies are also a good choice for a F8 puffer all my fish get along great with no problems at all. also another good fish is a Pipe fish if you can find one that is brackish they are the most peaceful fish i have ever seen and my F8 never bothers him.

i would move those fish in your 10 gallon and make that his home until he needs a bigger home

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back