Few Pics Of My Tank Scape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GShorty1981

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Just re-arranged everything, What do you think of my scape?

483427_546195368741097_559220043_n.jpg

429502_546195172074450_2056662799_n.jpg

391936_546195175407783_1986454701_n.jpg

47332_546195208741113_285933110_n.jpg

306078_546195302074437_1408650519_n.jpg

32298_546195335407767_125240644_n.jpg

Beautiful! Looks very colourful and bright with the fish :)

wow i love thet sev i he okay with the small fish

Got a couple of severum then? :lol:

Tank looks really nice. Nice and bright. In a couple of years though, once all they sevs get a bit bigger, it'll be pretty busy in there.

Where did you get those stones from or what kind are they? I'm looking to get some nice stones in my tank and they look awesome! Especially with the bogwood, nice contrast.

Hey thanks guys :)

Yeh Sevs are fine with small fish, my male red spotted is around 8" and hes in there with soem platys and barbs that are under 1", and yep i love my severums i have my red spot, gold and growing out i have rotkeils and notatus :)

Ahh soz, yeh i robbed them from a local beach lol, did the vinegar test etc, ph tests fine, my ph out of my tap is neutral but my bog wood lowers it a little. (i soaked them in boiling water from the kettle and scrubbed them just to make sure there was nothing that could rot in my tank, i have had them hanging about my shed for a few years, just only put them back in the tank recently, i'm always messing with my scape...never happy lol)

Can't beat a bit of free scaping materials. Must have been a fast flowing river to make them that shape? Looks amazing though, really does.

There's a river near me called glen ettive that has beaches covered in pretty identical rocks like that, think I might pay it a we visit when the better weather comes in. Wouldn't fancy trying just now though, get swept away :lol:

Cheers dude

Funny thing is my names Glen haha, they came from Watchet in Somerset, a beach (salt water)

Salt water?!? I would have thought you couldn't use rocks from salt water in a freshwater tank? I was recently at a sea side beach covered in amazing rocks like yours too, thinking, "oh well, pity I can't use any of these rocks in my tank". :angry: I should have taken some and tested them instead off assuming.

Cheers glen. Small world (of names at least).

Glen's quite a common name for a place, mountain or river in Scotland. You got any Scottish routes :)

Wow i like this display. Shame i can not try it out. My clown loaches will surely knock em down!

Salt water?!? I would have thought you couldn't use rocks from salt water in a freshwater tank? I was recently at a sea side beach covered in amazing rocks like yours too, thinking, "oh well, pity I can't use any of these rocks in my tank".
angry.png
I should have taken some and tested them instead off assuming.

Cheers glen. Small world (of names at least).

Glen's quite a common name for a place, mountain or river in Scotland. You got any Scottish routes
smile.png

I think its sand is the major problem, I use Sea rocks regularly and even if boiling them does not get the salt off the remaining salt will do no harm, Never use Sea Sand, Yeah I think its a £2000 fine for every rock you take, wow I owe them well over £100,000 now.

Most reactions

trending

Back