Few Pics Of My Tank Scape

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Salt water?!? I would have thought you couldn't use rocks from salt water in a freshwater tank? I was recently at a sea side beach covered in amazing rocks like yours too, thinking, "oh well, pity I can't use any of these rocks in my tank".
angry.png
I should have taken some and tested them instead off assuming.

Cheers glen. Small world (of names at least).

Glen's quite a common name for a place, mountain or river in Scotland. You got any Scottish routes
smile.png

I think its sand is the major problem, I use Sea rocks regularly and even if boiling them does not get the salt off the remaining salt will do no harm, Never use Sea Sand, Yeah I think its a £2000 fine for every rock you take, wow I owe them well over £100,000 now.
What!?!?!? Is this true? The fine part I mean? I figured there would be some sort of law against it somewhere, particularly where fresh water is concerned. But £2000 per rock?! :crazy:

I think it depends whether the beach is protected or not. I have also used stones from the beach. Again I poured boiling water over them and scrubbed well, then two days later did the same then put them in my tank a week after.

Salt water?!? I would have thought you couldn't use rocks from salt water in a freshwater tank? I was recently at a sea side beach covered in amazing rocks like yours too, thinking, "oh well, pity I can't use any of these rocks in my tank".
angry.png
I should have taken some and tested them instead off assuming.

Cheers glen. Small world (of names at least).

Glen's quite a common name for a place, mountain or river in Scotland. You got any Scottish routes
smile.png

I think its sand is the major problem, I use Sea rocks regularly and even if boiling them does not get the salt off the remaining salt will do no harm, Never use Sea Sand, Yeah I think its a £2000 fine for every rock you take, wow I owe them well over £100,000 now.
What!?!?!? Is this true? The fine part I mean? I figured there would be some sort of law against it somewhere, particularly where fresh water is concerned. But £2000 per rock?!
crazy.gif

In Wales there are signs everywere £2000 fine if any rocks are removed from the beach lol.

In fact I boil rocks for half hour and once I used around 30 rocks to instantly heat a 200 gallon to 28c :D because my heater failed on me while it was cycling and I never realized so I got a new one and my new fish had arrived after it was cycled and it was cold so the bag the fish were in got cold so I had to think of something fast haha, it worked surprisingly.

Anyway there is a huge fine for protected beaches.

Are those rocks leaning against the glass? If so I would move them pretty sharpish as that can spell disaster!!

With the fish, tanks a little small, not sure what your plans are? But that big gold is going to need some more room as he grows and your Ellioti and Festivums look very good sizes. And with more Sevs coiming up hmmmm Id be tempted by a 5-6 footer :) That said though they do look very healthy and great size and colours to them :D

Wills

Yeh Rocks are against the glass, they not very high tho.

Plan is to keep 1 Rotkeil, my Red Spot (he is 8.5" i have had him for 2 years and he hasn't grown), The Aureus (5-6") and Festivum (5") with some barbs and a Bristlenose Plec, the Rotkeils all came together in a group of 5, i'm growing them out to sell them on....1 died so i have 4 that are 1-2" and the biggest of the group is around 3" now.

I ended up impulse buying a baby Notatus to, i may keep him, see how it goes.....got another 4ft tank planned for my spare room

2x Angels (4") and Gold Severum (3.5") are going into the other tank when i need them to.

Most reactions

Back