Fertilizer Recommendations?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Neleono

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello!
I have 2 tanks in my possession, one 29 gal and a 10gal planted tank. In the 29 gal tank I have some anubias species, amazon swords, and I just got some floating plants. Likewise, in the 10 gal, i have some amazon swords, java fern, anubias, and hairgrass, along with some java moss and floating plants. As for fish, the 29 gal has 4 platies, and 6 neon tetras, along with an algae eater, and for the ten gallon, I have a betta and a snail. Lately the plants in my tank have started to turn yellow and melt back a bit and I feel like that might be a problem with the fertilizer. In both tanks I have thrive root tabs for the root feeders, and in the 10 gal I have aquarium soil under my substrate but other than that I have no fertilizer. Should I be adding some or is this a different problem. If so, what fertilizer do I use? Thanks for the help!

If you do add liquid ferts you'd only need a very small amount. You've mainly got root feeders which are sorted with the soil/root tabs. The others, such as anubias and Java fern, are slow growers so won't appreciate too much ferts as you'll just end up with algae issues

Pictures of the plants?
How long are the lights on for?
What sort of lights are on the tanks?

Most reactions

trending

Back