female guppys and fry

fish-lover-uk

Reaction score
:hyper: first of all hello all. i have just brought about 7 guppys and i can see 3 of the females are very pregnant is there a way i can tell how far they are. how long do they take to give birth. i have put them in my spare 125L (uk) tank with the pregnant females in a breeding chamber. on 1 i can see the baby fry like a redish orange inside her. with the others its just black.
sorry for the long post im just exited :hyper: :rofl:

Thats not a long post at all :p
Your females will give birth around every 28 days(since they have the ability to store the males sperm) and will multiply farely easily. After raising over a 100 fry, i can practically tell time of day with my females. To tell when, the easiest sign is she will be very swollen in the belly, almost squar-ish and have a very dark gravid spot(those are the fry). My female will want to remain very still and often by herselve( by a floating plant or in the corner so no males will annoy her) so she can relax and give birth. But one of the best detailed signs I look for is her....umm let say private part(where she will be releasing them) will start to protrude out. Thats the one sign i know she's ready very soon.
I have many pictures of my females when they're VERY pregnant so just let me know if you wanna see them. :D

first of all thankyou for your reply. i would love to see some of your pics. then i might be able to guess what stage mine are at. thanks :D

Hi Snow Angel,
I would love to see some pics of your pregnant guppies - plz :kana:

faewyn

Here are some Links of pics of pregnant guppies.
First link are my 2 guppys. 1 on the left had her fry 2 days after i took the pic.
Link 1
link 2
Link 3

Most reactions

Back