Female Gourami Thinks She's A Crash Test Dummy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dragonscales

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I accidentally left the lid off my tank last night and my female dwarf gourami decided to try out to be a fighter pilot. I awoke the next morning to my gf tellin me that she'd jumped outta the tank. I got up to see the cheeky thing sitting in another small tank that had water in it which had been placed against the big tank! God knows how the heck she ended up landing in this small as all hell tank and if it was intentional or not but that tank saved her life. Leaving the cover off my tank is a practice I intend to shy away from now on lmao. Unfortunantly I can't say the same about my poor african butterfly fish who decided to dive headlong into the big empty tank on the other side of the tank the same night...R.I.P. :/ :no: :X

Hi Dragonscales :)

That's one lucky gourami! :nod:

They are jumpers and I've lost them that way. It seems that they can get up quite a bit of speed for a short distance and if they run out of water...............well, they just keep going through the air. :eek:

lol yea, lucky ain't the word for it, the tank she jumped into was shorter than the tank she jumped from, narrow enough that I'm guessin she could've and prolly should've cleared it in one leap from the hight of my tank and positioned against one of the small sides of the tank. I'm planning on breeding in it soon. Am glad as all hell that she landed in it though, she's my favourite gourami. I dunno, maybe she was tryin to tell me that she wants to get some booty and to hurry up and move her and one of the fellas into it? lmao Still sucks that my butterfly fish didn't have the same luck with his leap of faith though...poor bastard :byebye:

One curious thing though, I think she knows how lucky she is because she used to be a lil shy of me before this, used to flair up her fins and back away from the glass if I got too near too fast. Since I plucked her outta the smaller tank and put her back in the big one though every time I go near the tank she just turns around and stares back at me, even moving closer so she can get a better look. Kinda cute I think. Either that or she was just grateful to be pulled away from the others who are residing in the smaller tank at the moment coz she didn't look too happy to be there when I got up and seen her lmao Must've given them a bloody heart attack hahaha

thanks noelberg :D I picked up another one today, the old one is sorely missed still though. A pretty expensive mistake to make too, leaving that cover off lmao abf are between 20 and 30 bucks in Oz!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back