Feeding time for the bigger fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well, today I managed to get a good picture of the spotted climbing perch Ctenopoma acutirostre

Attachments

• 100_2269.JPG
    100_2269.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 26
andywg said:
I put the moss balls in a while ag and just left them hoping they would grow in place of some algae. They have grown a bit and provide a great place for live daphnia to hide so the fish get a snack later on.
Someone said once, that they really do compete for the nutrinets that Algae thrive on, I thought possibly but not that have that great effect of algae problems, But I have to say that they most definitely do!

KentBlokey said:
andywg said:
I put the moss balls in a while ag and just left them hoping they would grow in place of some algae. They have grown a bit and provide a great place for live daphnia to hide so the fish get a snack later on.
Someone said once, that they really do compete for the nutrinets that Algae thrive on, I thought possibly but not that have that great effect of algae problems, But I have to say that they most definitely do!
I've still had plenty of trouble with algae, mostly with getting enough CO2 to stay in the water in order to allow the plants to really take off. I have a cannister CO2 unit, just have to get around to getting it filled.

Well your tank is alot bigger than mine for just the one moss ball to have any effect (I only seen one) I've only got a 20 gallon with a fair few plants. Which was suffering from what I think was hair alage. It's only since I added a moss ball that the algae has almost completely gone, I've not done anything else that could have done this!

My tank has two moss balls in it (the other is even larger than the one you can see).

The main problem in my tank is keeping CO2 and the phosphates were off the scale (messy young pups...) but I have started to regulate it a bit more now and the algae isn't sooooo bad, but I'll see how I do after I change the tanks over.

andywg said:
Well, today I managed to get a good picture of the spotted climbing perch Ctenopoma acutirostre
I LOVE those things O_O
Many years from now, when my oscar and midas hybrid have passed away, I'm going to get some. *nods to self*

the gibby looks awesome. im looking into another tank soon and am thinking of putting in a plec. they never really appealed to me but some of them are really striking. loving the melon also

All i can say is :clap:

Well done How big is the pleco in the first picture?

Looks like he might be over a feet long. !

Hmm, didn't realise the image hosting site was back up and everyone was able to see the original pics. I only posted for chat to show the construction of the new tank...

Thanks everyone, though the tank in the first pics is no more set up and the larger one on the second page has taken its place.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back