Feeding Problems

Thomas 2507

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I recently bought six Serpae Tetras and two Angelfish (yes, they are in different aquariums).

Both seem happy enough. They just won't come to the surface to eat! I have to put some water in a cup, put some flakes in and pour the contents into the tank so that the flakes fall to the bottom.

I've kept loads of fish: danios, gourami, guppies, platies, bettas to name but a few but I've never had this problem before.

Any advice, reasoning or tips? I'm quite worries actually. Could it be because the Angels are the only fish in the tank? Maybe I should add a few other fish to make them feel more secure?
 
Sometimes it takes fish a few days to settle into their new surroundings.
You could try varying their diet by trying frozen food such as bloodworm, artemia, daphnia etc. You could also try pellets or freeze dried food. I know some of my Cichlids are very particular about what they eat!
 
Yeah, I thought about that but wasn't sure if it would be much use spending money on live or other food. I'll give it a go. ;)
 
It's definitely worth trying. All my fish have quite a varied diet, although I often think we spoil them!
Let us know how you get on. :good:
 
Yeah, definately. I bought some glassworms for the first time a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great when my fish were chasing them around! My dad doesn't like live food in the house you see... So I have to sneak it in, haha.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top