Feeding Bristlenoses

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RebeccaLouise

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So quick question for you guys. 

Basically ive just been given some young bristlenoses a couple of days ago. They have there own set up and got everything sorted for them. I know the basics of feeding for them and currently im giving them things like Algae Wafers and Veggies (Cucumber,Corgette). I know that Bristlenoses are largley veggies or at least thats what ive been told and read in my research.

So i was wondering if they would eat frozen foods that i have already for my other tropicals. The frozen foods im wondering if they will eat is Bloodworm, Brine Shrimp, Daphnia and Mysis. 

I get these frozen foods in regulary so it would be nice if occassionaly my Bristles can enjoy them too. 

Thanks, Rebecca :)

They will eat all foods, but they're best off having a predominantly wood and veggie diet as that's what they can digest best and need nutritionally.

Ok, yeah i have a piece of bogwood in my tank what they seem to be pulling bits off and leaving it on the sand substrate haha. Also im stocked up on wafers and Cucumber so im all good on that prospective.

Would it benefit them or not to every now and again to have Bloodworm, Mysis, Daphnia or Brineshrimp? 

:)

That's a difficult question which depends on the exact species. I personally do not feel any of my wood eating plecos live foods.

They could probably deal with eating dried stuff better when they get bigger

Ok thankyou. Ill give it a miss then, rather feed them their main diet than experiment with frozen foods. Unless i have to for some odd reason haha.

:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back