Feeding A Freshwater Indian Pipefish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LicianDragon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
*edit* Nevermind. The pipefish died. Gonna try and return him tomorrow.....

I recently set up a new tank with a freshwater indian pipefish. I added blackworms to the tank intially which the worker at the store told me he'd eat. I'm having trouble getting brine shrimp to hatch for me right now and I don't know if he's eaten anything since I bought him which was almost a week ago.
I'm hoping to have baby brine shrimp for him tomorrow afternoon but will he be ok till then? He's starting to act very strange prowling the tank, then dropping the bottom.

New tank? Did you cycle the filter?? If it was a new tank the chances are they would have died from ammonia.

Sorry to hear of your loss 
rip.gif
pipefish.  I was intrigued to learn more about them and there is a great article I found, that may assist you knowing more re: its feeding requirements.

How long was the tank set up before you added the pipefish?

NB: Can you add your location into your profile as it assists with advising due to different countries products etc.

RCA said:
Sorry to hear of your loss 
rip.gif
pipefish.  I was intrigued to learn more about them and there is a great article I found, that may assist you knowing more re: its feeding requirements.

How long was the tank set up before you added the pipefish?

NB: Can you add your location into your profile as it assists with advising due to different countries products etc.
Thanks for the link!
The tank was set up for 9 months before I added the pipefish. The worker at the fs told me a heap of live blackworms would suffice and I also had a brine shrimp culture going too. Just didn't eork in time I guess.....

Most reactions

Back