Raising Adult Brine Shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishtime!

Reaction score
Hello! I've recently begun keeping a northern pipefish and he enjoys the baby brine shrimp that are hatching in his tank, but he had more energy and way more excitement when I fed him some live adult brine shrimp that accidentally hatched in a bucket.

I want to start a hatchery where i can raise enough adult brine shrimp to supplement his diet, because he does not like frozen foods. I'm planning on using just a 1 gallon tank for the brine shrimp, and the information i've read has said that they need a good air pump and air stone but im wondering can i use a regular filter on the tank instead of a pump and air stone to raise adult brine shrimp.

I'm also curious what other people have had success feeding their brine shrimp. I was reading that a mix of sweet potato and pea baby food with a vitamin supplement would work but does anybody use anything that requires less preparation?

Also, I live near the ocean and tend to just use water from the beach for my aquarium (it is good water quality and my fish was wild caught) I've seen mixed opinions on the internet - should I be raising my brine shrimp in freshwater or saltwater?

Thanks in advance!

Watching too. I have hatched a lot of Nauplii over the last couple of years, but my attempts at raising the shrimp has been very bad.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back