feather dusters

Fuzzy

Fish Herder
Reaction score
im have been wanting a deather duster for along time. so i have some questions about them.

1. do they eat plankton, if so do i need to supply the tank with plankton and how often?
2. can they live with 2 perc clowns, firefish goby, and a scooter blenny
3. any special requirments
4. how big do they get
5. ive seen the colonies of them that come on rocks or corals, r these as easy to take care of as single feather dusters?
6. do the prefer to be out of the light or in the open?

plz give me any other helpful info

my tank is a 30gal

1. Phytoplankton is a must, just follow the directions on the bottle.
2. Yes.
3. Just keep the water clean and supply it with Phytoplankton
4. Depends on what type usally like 5in-7in (diameter) Keep in mind I have only seen 2 feather dusters this big.
5. The care is the same for one
6. The like to be on the floor around lots of rubble with moderate flow, they will probly like shady part of the tank than under very bright lights.

Feather dusters are awsome, I started with 2. Now I have them all over my tank, they reproduce under good conditons, you don't even need 2 feather dusters, they can reproduce by their self!

We're sorry!
The Webshots page you have requested has either moved or no longer exists.

Click here to visit the community.webshots.com or wait a few seconds and you will be redirected.

If you are looking for the Webshots Desktop Software, visit the download page.

the pic wont show up, what u see above is what comes up :/

Its hard to tell from that pic, it almost looks like Aiptasia. Take a closer look, does it have a tube? Wave your hand around it and see if it pulls into a tube.

Yano is right

Im certain that its aiptasia :/ NOt something you want in the tank as it will spread like wildfire. Peppermint shrimps, copperband butterflies are natural predators of aiptasia. There are other methods to remove it. Pour a tube of boiling water directly onto the anemone and this should kill it. (there are many other methods than this of course)

yes, when i put my hand near it, it pulls into the rock. will a cleaner shrimp work as well, or just a peppermint?

cleaners wont touch them. peppermints will/might eat aiptasia as its a natural food source for them. I have just got a load of new live rock for my tank and unfortunately it came with some large aptasia :sad: My copperband butterfly is not interested (these fish will eat them also) as i think they are too large for the fish, my next approach is the peppermint shrimp. SHould this fail then i have to consider adding chemicals to the tank :crazy:

I added one peppermint yesterday, and this morning the two aiptasias were MIA. thanks alot for your help

I have a small aptasia problem also and got a peppermint shrimp.. only my peppermint is MIA and my aptasias are still staring at me straight in the face! :crazy:

Yeah i am seriously considering Joes Juice. I just wanted to try and keep things as natural as possible. If i can achieve this with just using another animal that will use this as a food source then i would rather do it. But its no guarentee of course.
I Will give it a bit longer, if no result then joes juice it will be :*)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back