FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What is your favourite type of gourami?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kissing

• Total voters
great poll trev! i wish it had honey and perls tho...

you shold start it over in a fue weeks and add theme to it.

I guess it's a good thing the pearls and honeys weren't listed, otherwise the choice would have been too difficult. ;) Now I picked the sparklers, although I really can't choose between these three.

I like blue gouramis I have never kept any other ones so I cant really say but my blue one used to change colour sometimes he would be a geyish colour and sometimes he would go a brilliant white, has anyone heard of that before?

Yes, most gouramies change color depending on their mood or environment. For example, my pearls will get a bright olive-green above their lateral black stripe if they are exctited or see food. This is most evident in the females though as the males have a lot of orange and red. Usualy, however, a change that involves becoming paler and doesn't have to do with maturing is usualy a sign of stress. This could be anything from bad water quality to just feeling threatened by another fish. Often it can be a sign of disease but if it switches back to normal it usualy just indicates fear or similar temporary stress. They also go pale during the night or when they fall asleep and become much brighter colored in low light levels but when they can still see each other clearly.

comet - Do you have croakers and I've somehow missed this?! :blink: They're the best, but no one usually agrees... so I'm wondering. :shifty:

I said blue, because opaline is a color variation of it.

I also had a paradise fish that changed from pink to blue when (s)he was eating.

juliethegr8t said:
comet - Do you have croakers and I've somehow missed this?! :blink: They're the best, but no one usually agrees... so I'm wondering. :shifty:
I have 3 croakers, 3 sparklers and a dwarf flame. :p

Maybe it's me, but the croakers seem to have personalities like bettas. :lol:
Plus, those blue eyes. :wub:

I post pics in a few weeks when I get a digi-cam. :D

:hyper: That's awesome!! I'm proud to know you are my partner in Croaker-Lovin'. :lol: And Sparklers too.. I've got one little bully of those. :rolleyes: Oh! And my Dwarf is a Flame too. Aren't we just disgustingly alike? :p :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back