favourite breed of dog

what is your favourite breed of dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • british bulldog

• Total voters
Dogs from breeder's need homes too though...you know.
If you buy from a breeder you are just incouraging them to breed even more dogs when there are more then enough in this world.

I have only ever gotten my animals from shelters or as streys. But to say you are encouraging a breeder to keep breeding is kind of harsh. You can say the same thing about adopting the poor puppies from the box at the grocery store. At least with a breeder the dog and puppies tend to be getting good care. Not to mention most breeders have homes planned well in advance for the puppies.

Our dog is a mixed poodle and shiztu. She is very smart and full of love. We kid about her intelligence from time to time though. There was an article I believe last year that ranked breeds by intelligence. Border Collies were #1 and poodles were #2. Shiztus, however were like #75 out of 80. Anyway, when she does something really dumb (like fall out of the chair when she's rolling around on her back playing) we say that's the shiztu in her. She is the joy (and the ruler) of our house. If you want to see what she looks like, just look up spoiled in the dictionary.

My favorite dog though is a lab. They are wonderful dogs.

Edit: I will agree with the comments about mutts. Mixed breeds make some of the best companions you will find. Papers don't make a dog good.

australian sheperd, australian cattle dog (heeler), and i have always loved huskeys as well.

on the note of the mutts, both of mine are. Oreo I know is heeler and something else... precious is border collie/mutt (mom is a mutt, dad is a border collie). I have also never had a full breed dog, cant say I will never get one.... but I will NEVER pay more than $100 for a dog. (although free, or the $65 adoption fee is much better)

Akita's are my favorites, followed by Huskies then German Shepards. They are just beautiful dogs. I have two Akita's ATM...and when we move back to germany, we will get a huskie and a Great Dane (my husband's favorite) Here'e my two (pet) babies...

Daisy
4d0099c1.jpg

And Rocky
4d5ed79f.jpg

I like the smaller terriers. Great alarm system, don't shed, don't eat much. I had a westie years ago, I have a cairn now. He helps in the fishroom, I can throw food at the tanks, anything that hits the floor he takes care of.

dsc008666cp.jpg

Tolak

:wub: MINIATURE SCHNAUZERS!!! :wub:
I own 3 and do Miniature Schnauzer Rescue, we may get some Hurricane Katrina victims. :( My friend is going down and may bring us up Schnauzers.
Here is a picture of my agility Schnauzie! She loves watching fish too, her favorites are Neons Tetras and Zebra Danios, colorful and fast! She is 5 yrs. old, Chloe:
chloe%20in%20chure.jpg

My 11 yrs. old, Delhi:
whatchadointomeresized.gif

And my 4 yrs. old who was rescued from a puppymill, we fostered her than adopted her! Winnie, After and Before pic:
Whatalittlelovecando-smaller.jpg

All pictures are pretty recent. Chloe's is from a few years ago, Delhi's was last year, and Winnie's was a month ago. They haven't changed though! :)

Most reactions

Back