Favorite CLEAN songs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

For us old geezers, who is NF?
I'm another old geezer.. did find out who he is..listen to his songs and honestly don't waste ur time..🤣🤣

Nothing like little feat or grateful dead, if ur that much of an ol'fart like me.😄

The style of like half the songs is pretty different from his usual stuff.
A lot of the songs sounded pretty similar as well.
You can't expect every song on an album to be fire but it makes me cringe reading the comments on the videos. People saying he's shaking the industry and such.
I guess I feel like he's done better. None of these new songs even make the top 3 for his entire career.
Well in his song hope he did say: "time to give the people something different"... So I'm already prepared for something he doesn't normally do... Also he's recovering mentally so his songs are changing along with that... Which is good then!
But I still haven't heard it so I'll come back and say what I think after I've listened to the songs... I'm keeping an open mind to it though

For us old geezers, who is NF?
He is a completely clean rapper/pop artist who sings about emotions and life rather than other things less morally acceptable.

I'm another old geezer.. did find out who he is..listen to his songs and honestly don't waste ur time..🤣🤣

Nothing like little feat or grateful dead, if ur that much of an ol'fart like me.😄
Love both groups. I’m old enough to have seen the Beatles at Shai stadium and the first and last Cream concerts in U.S.

Love both groups. I’m old enough to have seen the Beatles at Shai stadium and the first and last Cream concerts in U.S.
Really do wish I could have been around then to see the Beatles preform live...

Older bands had to deal with censorship, and it severely limited what they could or couldn't say. The Beatles were a boy band when they could still perform live, and they had pretty limited material at that stage of their short run. They still managed to get themselves into hot water with the religious authorities in the US though. I remember the evangelical churches organizing burnings of Beatles records and merch. My church going friends in my preteen guitar class weren't allowed to learn their songs.

Older bands had to deal with censorship, and it severely limited what they could or couldn't say. The Beatles were a boy band when they could still perform live, and they had pretty limited material at that stage of their short run. They still managed to get themselves into hot water with the religious authorities in the US though. I remember the evangelical churches organizing burnings of Beatles records and merch. My church going friends in my preteen guitar class weren't allowed to learn their songs.
Whaaaaat??? Wow... That's really sad... I can't think of any songs by the Beatles off the top of my head that would need censorship...

Whaaaaat??? Wow... That's really sad... I can't think of any songs by the Beatles off the top of my head that would need censorship...
It’s amazing how much Western culture has shifted over my lifetime.

Juse heard all of them.... Yah, I can definitely see how it was a let down... A lot of the songs were him just kinda being showy and bragging. And sometimes in his albums he has one or two like that and it's perfectly fine cause it's not a lot of songs like that. But this album was just full of that sadly... Maybe he is saying there is a lot more to come that will be better? Idk... But yah, I agree, he's DEFINITELY done a lot better in the past...
He's definitely high on confidence for sure...

I can tell he used flows from past songs which is pretty cool actually. He used "Layers" and "Story" as a base line for two different flows I think, which was in "Pandemonium". I think he also used other flows from past songs in that song and in his others in this album... Then he had call backs to past songs like "All I have" which was also really good.

"Mistake", "Bullet", "Mama", "Hope" were all really good. "Careful" had an awesome song I'd say BUT the other artist he paired up with did talk about hard drugs which I wasn't a big fan of, but other than that, good song.
"Pandemonium" was actually also pretty good (not in the best of this album but it was a really good listen).
Suffice was good! Not as good as "Pandemonium" from what I remember.
He got inspiration from "Layers" on "Suffice" I can tell with the way the flow switches. In fact, it could be the same flow when he switches it up.
The style of like half the songs is pretty different from his usual stuff.
A lot of the songs sounded pretty similar as well.
You can't expect every song on an album to be fire but it makes me cringe reading the comments on the videos. People saying he's shaking the industry and such.
I guess I feel like he's done better. None of these new songs even make the top 3 for his entire career.

The guitar on his song "Running" sounds similar to the song "Waves" by Dean Lewis. Waves is such a beautifully painful song...

People forget how it was. The Dick Van Dyke show could NOT show the married couple sitting on the same bed. The set had two separate beds. Was it late 70's when the Bra commercials were finally allowed to show a live model wearing one.

People forget how it was. The Dick Van Dyke show could NOT show the married couple sitting on the same bed. The set had two separate beds. Was it late 70's when the Bra commercials were finally allowed to show a live model wearing one.
Same with the "I love Lucy" show... Ricky and Lucy couldn't be shown in the same bed at all...

Way cool.. wish I cud have gone.. unfortunately I lived in the Midwest.

What most folks don't know is Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker was part of cream.

As to any Beatles song being banned.. I have strong doubts.. the only possibilities would be some thing from the white album.

As to censoring I guess u never listened to Frank Zappa. His music had lots of cutting edge lyrics. He just couldn't be played on the radio, but he did do "The Slime" on SNL.

Way cool.. wish I cud have gone.. unfortunately I lived in the Midwest.

What most folks don't know is Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker was part of cream.

As to any Beatles song being banned.. I have strong doubts.. the only possibilities would be some thing from the white album.

As to censoring I guess u never listened to Frank Zappa. His music had lots of cutting edge lyrics. He just couldn't be played on the radio, but he did do "The Slime" on SNL.
I saw Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention perform their Susie Cream-cheese album in the Village Vanguard in 1968. Blew me away. He was an excellent guitarist and composer. You may know he wrote a symphony or two in addition to satirical rock.

No Beatles songs were banned in the US. The band itself was denounced. It's easy to look up, and pretty wild to see. They didn't want to stop a song - they wanted to stop a band. John Lennon was shocked at how popular they were and made a comment about how they were more popular than the local deity, and people didn't get the irony. He said it like it was a bad thing, but since they were playing R&B versions and weren't clean cut, off went the craziness.

Lucy in the sky was banned for drug references, but in the UK. The Beatles had a ton of drug references later, post boy band touring, but they were smart about their money and kept it obscure. I think A Day in the Life was also off radio too.

I had a friend who was a Zappa freak and who dragged me to a show near the end of old Frank's time, and it may have been the worst show I ever saw. He sure liked endless 25 minute guitar solos.

I have seen a lot of great bands, and all the ones who did good shows were not clean. They were covered in sweat by the second song.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back