Fave Fish

andy that frog thingy is 1 ugly fish lol :P

anyways think would have 2 be my L260's absolutley stunning fish :)
 
Black Ghost Knife Fish - as i can hand feed my 2 :)
 
My frogs. Of course, I'd have to chose my beloved frogs. Both M/F, a pair. Caught mating, no eggs yet. ):

Also, ones a very great swimmer, swims to the top to get the bloodworms, where the male waits at the bottom for the filter's current to push the worms down.
 
My corys probably. Longlived and entertaining and easy to get on with. Also a lot to be said for shrimps from the entertainment point of view.

Also, I like some unusual livebearers which seem to get unjustly neglected: portholes are probably my favourite, but the humpbacked limias are great too, and the blue limias are beautiful. And endlers, endlers, endlers!
 
Difficult to choose as I love all my fish for different reasons... but I know for sure I would be totally devastated to lose either of my two adult Pink Convicts.

Not only are they beautiful but they have such great personalities. They are just so interesting to watch as they interact with each other. You begin to understand exactly what's going on and can almost "hear" the conversation taking place ... (well, with a bit of imagination LOL) :hyper:

Female to male: "Where do you think you've been? You're supposed to be here guarding the babies with me, you lazy so-and-so..." She head butts him and pushes him towards the fry.

Male, in a sulk: "Can't a guy get any peace around here?" Tries sloping off to other side of tank again.

Female, chases after him in a huff: "Oh no you don't mister - get right back there and do your fatherly duty!" She barges into him and does her backwards and forwards "Don't test me!" dance.

Male: "Ah well, if you can't beat them, join 'em" - slowly swims back to the fry and tries to look like he's busy, to keep motormouth quiet! Suddenly realises that if there weren't any fry he'd have a much quieter and peaceful life... so he starts sneakily eating them off...

Female: Catches sight of him gobbling her fry... "Arrrgh - you cannibal - get away, you hear me, get away!" Chases him away, gives him a good beating and banishes him to the other end of the world (ok, tank).

Male: swimming hurriedly behind his missus... "But, honey, you know I love you... please take me back, I'll behave this time!"

Female: turns round and chases him away again, swims circles round him and head butts him in the side... "Come near me and the kids again and I'll have your guts for fin-garters!"


.... whoever said that fish were boring???

Athena
 

Most reactions

Back
Top