Fat bellied Mollies make the world go round

GuppyMama1234

New Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2021
Messages
43
Reaction score
16
Points
8
Location
Tennessee
Hey guys! I have recently encountered a problem in my planted breeder tank. My mollie mama looks pregnant constantly even after giving birth and her fry ate coming out with swollen bellies. I caught a video of some sort of white worm in the tank as well. I know they have worms but I can't figure out what kind or how to treat. I treated for cestodes (tapeworms) with API General Cure but have not noticed a difference. The fish are super lively and do not seem to be affected, however, the huge pot bellies couldn't be comfortable for them, I'm sure of that. My LFS employee told me she thinks it's a "harmless" worm and not to worry about it. Meanwhile, my fry are coming out with swollen bellies and looking unnatural. Please help! I am including pictures of the fish as well as the video of the mysterious white worm.
 

Attachments

  • 20211027_155356.webp
    20211027_155356.webp
    197.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 20211027_155351.webp
    20211027_155351.webp
    127.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20211027_155349.webp
    20211027_155349.webp
    112.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 20211027_155348.webp
    20211027_155348.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 20211027_155413.webp
    20211027_155413.webp
    104.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 20211023_232550.webp
    20211023_232550.webp
    164.6 KB · Views: 126
I wouldn't worry about the white worm on the rock. Most aquatic worms are harmless. It is probably a detritus worm that lives in the substrate.

Section 3 of the following link has information about deworming fish. Use Levamisole or Flubendazole to treat the fish for thread/ round worms.
 
I wouldn't worry about the white worm on the rock. Most aquatic worms are harmless. It is probably a detritus worm that lives in the substrate.

Section 3 of the following link has information about deworming fish. Use Levamisole or Flubendazole to treat the fish for thread/ round worms.
oh yeah also how much are you feeding the fish
 
I feed them once a day very well with Omega Tropical Flakes or Omega freeze dried blood worms OR Omega freeze dried brine shrimp. I feed the fry with Hikari fry granules
Blood worms and brine shrimp have a lot of protein and its like humans eating a steak so maybe they are getting fat from that but its probably paraistws
 

Most reactions

Back
Top