Fairly Large, Easy Breeding Fish?

why don't you say something useful instead of commenting on someones judgment on what is large and what is not. i have given my opinion to the op and made suggestions.
You mean like this useful post?

the op said fairly large, none of these fish are fairly large.
but imo, someone who doesn't know enough to answer this question themselves does not know enough to be keeping fairly large fish!
Hypocrite.


a lot more useful than your mass of input!

how the hell do sword tails breed like african cichlids? thats a new one to me, they don't even breed in groups, the males just basically rape any female they can!
this post is starting to remind me of one of them dog do bins you see in the street because its getting more full of s**t by the day
 
You are the one with Cheesy_Feet that started jumping on me because I had a different OPINION on what a big fish was. Opinions are like ###### holes, every ones got one. I gave my 2c worth, now if you want to argue with me then fine, so be it. My opinion on apistogramma was based on my opinion of thinking that 4" is just shy of fairly large.
 
You are the one with Cheesy_Feet that started jumping on me because I had a different OPINION on what a big fish was. Opinions are like ###### holes, every ones got one. I gave my 2c worth, now if you want to argue with me then fine, so be it. My opinion on apistogramma was based on my opinion of thinking that 4" is just shy of fairly large.
Lol I didn't jump on you, I merely corrected you.
Yes everyone has different opinions of what is small and large.But distinguishing the 2 from a matter of cm is bs.
 
i think all species of apistogramma are stunning fish, well worth a breeding program! don't disagree with you there.
all i was pointing out is that they aren't at all large, they may look big compared to a neon tetra but on a whole they are small fish.
i would reccomend anyone keep them but they just arent what the op made out they wanted.
neither are bloomin sword tails!

Dave
 
i think all species of apistogramma are stunning fish, well worth a breeding program! don't disagree with you there.
all i was pointing out is that they aren't at all large, they may look big compared to a neon tetra but on a whole they are small fish.
i would reccomend anyone keep them but they just arent what the op made out they wanted.
neither are bloomin sword tails!

Dave

Since I have only kept small fish in my time, I think that my ram is pretty big compared to some corries, or neons.
 
Well now the guy who posted this question his thread has turned into a argument! Lets try and get back on topic everyone. I know this may not be to your taste but maybe rosy barbs? But that is too small only reaching 15cm 6". :/

I'm not sure what else, but I think everyone may have said most of them, but i'm sure someone else may have another suggestion.
 
The issues of "is a fish big or not" depends in which context you look at it. Both of you are correct. Yes fish that only grow to 4inch are going to look BIG if they are in a tank that contains small fish growing to only 1inch. However the same fish put into a tank with larger fish is then going to be the complet opposite.
 
So, we have all had our disagreement over what is a large or small fish. Can we get back to a basic question?

"IS there any fairly large, very easy breeding fish, that isn't to hard to take care of, prefers softer water and breeds similar to African cichlid's with one male 2-4 females and Isn't to aggressive? And prefers South American style water quality?"

It is what the OP wanted to know.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top