Fairly Large, Easy Breeding Fish?

jdsworld8

New Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2009
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Points
0
IS there any fairly large, very easy breeding fish, that isn't to hard to take care of, prefers softer water and breeds similar to African cichlid's with one male 2-4 females and Isn't to aggressive? And prefers South American style water quality?
 
how big is your tank? krids or firemouths might be ok but depends how big your tank is
 
It depends on which species of Apistogramma. Cacatuoides is the most hardy and eaisest to breed. South American cichlids do not posess the same breeding habits as African cichlids do. Apistogramma prefer to be in harems when they breed.
 
the op said fairly large, none of these fish are fairly large.
but imo, someone who doesn't know enough to answer this question themselves does not know enough to be keeping fairly large fish!
 
I said that breed in an african cichlid like style with 1 male and 2-4 females. And 50 Gallons is my tank size. I'm looking for something that can hold it's own. like Rainbows. Rainbows arent bullies but if tough fish are with them, that's what they become.
 
the op said fairly large, none of these fish are fairly large.
but imo, someone who doesn't know enough to answer this question themselves does not know enough to be keeping fairly large fish!

Apistogramma get to 4 inches. To me that is fairly large. I don't even want you to say that convicta aren't fairly large. Sword tails get to 5 inches, so they are fairly large.
 
the op said fairly large, none of these fish are fairly large.
but imo, someone who doesn't know enough to answer this question themselves does not know enough to be keeping fairly large fish!

Is that directed Towards me? :angry:
 
Convicts may I add. They are very agressive though.
Convicts form monogamous pairs, not harems.

the op said fairly large, none of these fish are fairly large.
He also said that spawn 1 male to 2+ females.


Finally someone who read the question

I read the question thank you very much. I think that a 4 inch apistogramma that breeds in ahrems meets the requirements. Or the 5inch swrod tail that breeds in harems meets the requirements. So for you to tell me that I did not read the question is crazy!
 
No harem breeding but you can keep extra fish in the tank if you want. These guys are very easy to breed, even I have done it, and are a decent sized fish. In my tanks they are not in the dilute South American water but are in somewhat harder water but they are South American fish.

6Rainbows800b.jpg


And yes they breed with that whole group in the tank

MomAndChild2_800.jpg


They are Herotilapia multispinosa, also called rainbow cichlids.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top