Fact Or Fiction

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yup it's a fact :D they can actually live longer if given the space aswell :)

easy one beacause i can't be be bothered to think of one.
Fact or Fiction.
Livebearers can store enough sperm from a single mating for 8 broods of fry?

OohFeeshy;
I'd prefer you didn't refer to me as a child. Or tell me to shush.
You do not know me to be so condescending.
If your obtuse remark is having read andys post you'll easily realise that i'm a responding pedantically to pedantic remarks, no?
On the level my remark was reduced (or raised) to. A fact is a fact, and fiction is fiction....
I stated the undebatable facts.
Its Platoism.
If i was wrong fine, i find it helpful to learn of a mistake i have made, but if people go around being as intentionally blunt as they possibly can the world would be full of aggro, and this forum would have a lot less posters.

For the sake of this thred! Can we please calm down and get back on track!?

Oh, and I'm going to say Fiction to your question lilfishie, if I'm right sum1 else can have my god I'm off to bed...

it is inded fiction as its 7 broods not 8 :good: so now anyone can go
Is that technically true?

I recall reading that they do not store sperm, but rather can delay the development of fertilised eggs, allowing for a number of sets of births after a single mating event.

if I'm right sum1 else can have my god I'm off to bed...

I hear Tony Blair is looking at new gods at the mo, maybe forward it to him ;)

Hmm it seems like they can store sperm. I've had a single female molly produce fry for up to about 5 months after she was seperated from any male. Many animals can store sperm so this wouldn't suprise me. It seems more far fetched thinking a female can delay an egg from growing for 5 months than a female storing sperm to fertilize an egg 5 months later.

Your quite confrontational. Anyone who has 'a bully' used on their profile as you have obviously has a few issues, perhaps this link may help....
A little help.

Bring on the bannage...
Nope, no issues here, just using a humorous comment from an idiot some months, if not years, ago. Once people back up "facts" with evidence I will be far less confrontational. :D

i've always thought 'part man - part troll' a la Bill Bailey would suit you andy! :rolleyes:

scoth egg, that is fiction, they do not need it.

Fiction, they breed just fine in freshwater. Only happy fish breed on their own. And yeah naturally they like salt, but it's not always neccessary to a happy and healthy molly.

fact or fiction - a marine tank runs better with Live Rock than without it.

Fiction, they breed just fine in freshwater. Only happy fish breed on their own. And yeah naturally they like salt, but it's not always neccessary to a happy and healthy molly.

Thats not true, in a way.

Many fish will breed in less then adequate conditions, and many brackish/marine fish migrate to freshwater to spawn.
That doesn't mean they live or are "happy" in freshwater.

Maximus

fact or fiction - a marine tank runs better with Live Rock than without it.

Oh lol, I think andy will be along for this one :nod:

I think he's a firm believer of different methods of marine upkeep :nod:

He's tought me alot just reading his posts on different methods about this :good:

Maximus

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back