Livestock: F1 - LEOPOLDI ANGELFISH
Age and condition: LESS THAN 12 MONTHS OLD EXCELLENT HEALTH/CONDITION
Quantity for sale: 4
Reason for Sale: MAKING A BIT OF ROOM
Delivery or Collection: COLLECTION PREFERED BUT CAN DELIVER LOCALLY
Sales price: £12 EACH OR A DEAL FOR THE 4
Postage & Packaging: N/A
Photograph: SEE BELOW

just putting a feeler out to see if there is any interest in these quite rare angelfish. for those that dont know i purchased a group of 8 tiny juvis a while back to grow on and become the center piece of my 5ft tank. i have since bought a group of 4 wild caught angels so now have 12 angelfish in the same tank. as they are growing fast soon i will need to thin down a bit on numbers so i will be selling 4 of these stunning fish.

i cant sex the fish so please dont ask. the Leopoldi angelfish doesnt get quite as big as the scalare but this doesnt mean they can be put in a small tank. they have been in a 5ft tank since very tiny so are excellent shape and health with no marks or nips at all. they are currently living with bolivian rams, cardinal tetra, rosy tetra and plecs of different species with absolutely no issues at all. they have never needed treating for any disease and as they are F1 will be much more hardy than wild caught fish which they are proving to be.

they have been kept in medium/hard water at 26-27 degrees C with a pH of about 7.6 and are doing great so dont be put off thinking they will need soft/ acidic water.

these are absolutely stunning fish with a silvery body and dark stripes when in the mood. they also show a very bright blue gill plate and red pattern in the fins. when adults they will be hard to beat.

im in no rush to sell them as they are still only about 3.5 inch bodied fish but they will need to go in time. i doubt you will see these available in many lfs if any so why not go for something a bit different to the usual man made coloured angelfish available. these are bred from wild caught fish hence the tag F1 in the title for those unaware of its meaning.

this pic shows the colour in the fins quite well
IMAG0330.jpg

nice pic to show the actual fish
IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

this pic shows the blue gill plate they have
IMAG0285.jpg

here is a link to the journal im currently doing on them and their tank mates
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/386094-f1-leopoldi-angelfish-tank/page__p__3244359__fromsearch__1#entry3244359

just seen on rare aquatics website that they have 4 inch wild caught Leopoldi at £25 each so at £12 each these are a steal :good:

would love these when there ready, two would be great. but would you be willing to post them, is my only question. otherwise i have a 180 mile round trip. and with fuel price i won't be able to do that.

would love these when there ready, two would be great. but would you be willing to post them, is my only question. otherwise i have a 180 mile round trip. and with fuel price i won't be able to do that.
where abouts are you?

if your north of me i can get to J28 M1 as hopefully ill be going there to get new fish myself....

if not i would rather not post but if you are aware that its at your risk then i may do it.

i am in Gloucestershire a place called Cirencester, so wrong way. are there any really good fish shops near you, make it easier to get the partner to drive me.

ah thats a shame...

there are many lfs in or near to Leicester but none really worth the 180 mile round trip tbh. the local maidenhead is great and they have some decent stuff in from time to time but its small. i normally travel north up to nottinghamshire to a place called Wharf aquatics which is an excellent place to find some great fish but thats a 100 mile round trip for me so 280 for you :crazy:

Yeah I've never had a problem with mine with the tetras just need to re home them to make space. Can I ask what lighting you are using as thoses pics look really good

Yeah I've never had a problem with mine with the tetras just need to re home them to make space. Can I ask what lighting you are using as thoses pics look really good
i use the arcadia eco-aqua LED lighting. on this tank i have 1 x tropical and 2 x daylight.

being in Bradford i guess you cant collect the angels though :unsure:

just to add that these angels are feeding very well on mussel, prawn, bloodworm, brineshrimp, prima and any kind of dry foods i give them. they are not fussy eaters at all.

4 for sale and available now :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back