External Filter Size

catherine896

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
546
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
GB
Want to get an external filter for my 5x2x2 but not sure which is best.

Anyone know what size will do it?

Thanks :)
 
Want to get an external filter for my 5x2x2 but not sure which is best.

Anyone know what size will do it?

Thanks :)


I dont think one alone will be suffiecient for that size tank... maybe two tetratec ex1200's? but you may get away with a fluval fx5 but some one will have to clarify that as ive never owned one lol.
 
fluval fx5

monster filtering, high turnover rate and i think the most in terms of normal filters on the market, great outflow to hit the surface, self priming, stops every 24hr to purge any air caught up in it - simple to install/run etc
 
FX5, 2xex1200 or 1 x ex2400 or eheim classic 2217 or pro III
 
yaaaay my tank is run with a fx5 and one internal tetratec 1000........work's just fine for me and i have a fair ole stocking in my 5ft/2ft/2ft :good:

here come the fx5 boyz....nelly and 8inary
 
Thanks, will look into the ones mentioned.

I have a couple internals I could put in there too.

Thanks :)
 
Thanks, will look into the ones mentioned.

I have a couple internals I could put in there too.

Thanks :)

I'm a huge fan of keeping maintenance low (so people actually do it!) so I wouldn't bother with the internals as well. The Fluval FX5 is a very good filter. We sell a lot of them, normally because we reccomend and use them ourselves.

If you look at the actual volume of the filter and the flow rate it quicks out you realise that it is more than equal to 2x some other filters whose manufacturers advise would just about do your tank.

Its basically a big bucket with a pond pump attached to the side and an indestructable lid with fool proof clamps. Not much to go wrong so a good investment all round and a very good filter.

Just grab some decent bio media too, efhi substrat is probably the best performer vs cost.

IMO of course ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top