Ever buy fish online?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Everyone should. It was International Black Cats Day yesterday. We spend more time on average in cat charity places before being rehomed than other colour cats. Itā€™s a disgrace.
Iā€™d post more but Iā€™m resting up until Sunday. Itā€™s us black cats busiest day of the year. We earn as much in one day as we do the other 364 put together!
I have 2 black cats! Not 100% black, small white patches on their chests.

7566B092-D757-41F7-989C-6B08CC5D1E1D.jpeg

I have 2 black cats! Not 100% black, small white patches on their chests.
Did You Know...that during the Middle Ages, all-black cats were systematically hunted down and killed as Witches 'Familiars' and as the Devil incarnate?
Those that had even the smallest patch of white were saved, because they'd 'obviously' been touched by an Angel...or somesuch.

Has anyone had good luck with purchasing tropical fish from an online retailer? A place that doesnā€™t charge like $100 for shipping.. I have one black emperor tetra and have been trying to find him some buddies for two months. No local chain store or private business near me has them, nor are they available for these stores to even order some. I call once or twice a week and they always say their retailer is still out of stock. And what is up with the nonavailability? These fish are tank raised, from what Iā€™ve been told. I bought several at Petco in August and only one survived, he is thriving but Iā€™m sure heā€™s lonely. Plus he wonā€™t leave my female cherry barbs alone!
I have never bought fish online but the reviews are great from this one seller that uses a special delivery that supports live fish delivery. Not a single fish died.

Did You Know...that during the Middle Ages, all-black cats were systematically hunted down and killed as Witches 'Familiars' and as the Devil incarnate?
Those that had even the smallest patch of white were saved, because they'd 'obviously' been touched by an Angel...or somesuch.
Boooooooooo

Years ago on a very chilly mid-December evening I was sitting at my PC by the window when I heard what I thought was a pitiful little meow. I heard it again a lottle while later and then again. When I went outside to look I spotted a very small all black kitten. It was 20F (-6.67C). Clearly the kitten was freezing cold. It was also scared. I assumed it was feral. It would follw me to the front door but not let me near it.

So I got a cardboard box and put an an old towe balled up in it. I put it outsied he door with a small bowl of water and a bit of canned tuna (in water not oil), The kitten spent the night somewhat sheltered and did eat and drink a bit before the water froze. I could not try to catch it and bring it inside as I am pretty allergic to cats. We got it real cat food and kept it fed and watered with a warmish place to shelter until we could get proper help.

With a bit of effort we found a local woman who was a cat lover and had a good friend at a no kill animal shelter. She came with a carrying box, we nabbed the cat and it went to the shelter. It was a really cute kitten with blue eyes. If not for being allergic.....

We learned from following up that the kitten was indeed feral, that she was vey healthy and that they gave her all the shots it should have. Finally, we learned that it was adopted on X-mas eve.

We live on 7.5 acres of woodland and are surrounded by many acres of the same with a low density of housing. The odds are that kitten would have frozen to death had it not found our house or had we not been home when it did.

If one sends and/or receives enough shipped fish, you will experience DOAs. Nothing is perfect.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back