epsom salt with pleco

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

helptoall

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi i have a pleco that has white poo for a very long time.. tried a few meds like prazi levamisole and metro and non of them worked. i have good exp with treated with epsom salt solution soaked to the food with other fish, but i know pleco are more problomatic with saltso i wanted to ask if you think its ok trying treatig him with that? does anyone here try this treatment on a pleco or other intolerance fish? thank you

Epsom salts won't do anything to help plecos or any other fish that is doing stringy white poop.

When you treated the tank with Praziquantel, Levamisole and Metronidazole, how did you use it, how long did you use it for, and did you remove carbon from the filter before treating them?

yes it will. Its a great treatment option- you creat a 3% soulution and soaked it in the food and feeding for 4-5 days. I tried it a few times after reading about it and it worked great with goldfish in the situation were other meds didnt.

Isn't epsom salts just a laxative rather than a treatment for an intestinal infection/parasitic infestation? It can be used that way in humans.......

Colin asked how did you use the medications as treatment has to be repeated to kill all the parasites. And carbon must be removed as it adsorbed medication.

Isn't epsom salts just a laxative rather than a treatment for an intestinal infection/parasitic infestation?
Epsom salts are Magnesium sulfate, which is used to help constipated fish and it's meant to be a muscle relaxant if you take a bath in it. However, I don't know how it can relax muscles just by sitting in a bath of it, especially considering we don't absorb things through our skin. If you take magnesium in large amounts, it can give you the runs. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back