Emergency: Canister Filter Leaking from Water Inlet

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

crimsonpython24

Reaction score
Hi,

I urgently need help with my canister filter (up aqua aex 450): the filter is leaking.

The leak only occurred where the water goes into the filter (where the water goes into the canister). There are no leaks anywhere else.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Have you done anything with it recently. Is the canister cracked, is it just a loose fitting. Photos please

I am very new to any sort of prepping but have started to get together a bug out bag as Iā€™m doing research, right now itā€™s basically a glorified hiking bag. Iā€™ve looked up a lot of water filtration options and Iā€™ve gone with the Sawyer Mini. I feel there is something I may not be fully understanding and would love if someone could explain. So Iā€™ve noticed that most water filtration systems are good for bacteria but not viruses, heavy metals, or chemicals. Iā€™m wondering how urgent the need for a filtration system that can remove those problems are? Are those issues so abundant that I should be concerned? Or would the filtration system I have suffice? I live in New England for geographic reference.

Hi,

I urgently need help with my canister filter (up aqua aex 450): the filter is leaking.

The leak only occurred where the water goes into the filter (where the water goes into the canister). There are no leaks anywhere else.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Iā€™m not familiar with this model, do you have a picture of this leak?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back