Electric blue rams acting weird!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ljm161999

Reaction score
I’ve had these 2 Electric blue rams for just under a month and they are swimming closely together in a weird pattern, head butting each other and squaring up. I asked for a pair but I'm guessing they are both males. Can someone try and gender these and explain what they are doing. Thankyou
4AA26F64-1764-40B5-A302-4070ABEC8A70.jpeg

AB23A97B-3A81-4EC0-835F-0E6FB634E0FB.jpeg
5BB9823B-77FF-4794-B040-D384B1D0ED32.jpeg

C490A287-0C13-4827-A4F8-827AF5E8D596.jpeg

I’ve had these 2 Electric blue rams for just under a month and they are swimming closely together in a weird pattern, head butting each other and squaring up. I asked for a pair but I'm guessing they are both males. Can someone try and gender these and explain what they are doing. Thankyou View attachment 146566
View attachment 146567View attachment 146568
View attachment 146569
Hi! Have you cycled or heard of cycling your tank? What are tour water parameters using a liquid test kit (like the API master kit)

Hi! Have you cycled or heard of cycling your tank? What are tour water parameters using a liquid test kit (like the API master kit)
Also what is your tank size?

The fish on the right is heavier in the body, has a smaller dorsal fin and doesn't have an extended dorsal ray, therefore is a female

Wowzer!
I just realized that there is a third fish in that last picture.

Such cute little faces it looks like they are falling for each other 💞

female rams have a pink belly

cichlids regularly get into lip locking push n shove to either fight or see if a partner is worth breeding with

female rams have a pink belly

cichlids regularly get into lip locking push n shove to either fight or see if a partner is worth breeding with
I haven’t seen any lip locking just some weird swimming side by side patterns and swimming into the others side

Wowzer!
I just realized that there is a third fish in that last picture.

Such cute little faces it looks like they are falling for each other 💞
Thats one of my 3 Rainbow cichlids lol they swim in 3’s so i called them the 3 Musketeers lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back