I was wondering if anyone had any experience in feeding a crayfish live fish. I am not able to get any shrimp in my area and was wondering what other alternatives there are.
Crayfish are scavengers and generally eat dead material on the bottom. It can be plant, dead fish, dead prawn, snails, etc. They will eat virtually any fish food including pellets, flakes and frozen food. They do not need to be fed on live food and don't normally eat live food in the wild.
I was wondering if anyone had any experience in feeding a crayfish live fish. I am not able to get any shrimp in my area and was wondering what other alternatives there are.
first thing to remember is Crayfish are omnivores, not carnivores. in the wild they would not take live/healthy fish. but they do like their meat live, just its is normally worms, bugs, snails not fish on the menu. only 20-30% of the crays diet is protein with 4% fibre that leaves about 60% plain ordinary veg matter. you could teach it to catch fish, a hungry cray will learn tricks very fast, but what would be the point?
give it the same varied diet you would give any omnivorous fish, nothing more is needed. that said they do like their veg on the ripe side, they are after all scavengers, as would any detrivore.