Ei Dosing - Making One Stock Solution?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jonno

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi there,

Having bought the ingredients shown on the EI dosing sticky, i want to make a simple stock solution (instead of 3 individual KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4). However on the sticky it doesn't mention the dosage proportions you'll need to do this (or maybe it's my maths)? If i wanted to make say a litre of solution up then how much of each ingredient would i need to add to the litre of water?

Any other tips would be great :good:

Thanks,

Jonno.

I put 3 teaspoons of KNO3 and 1/2 teaspoon of K2PO4 to 500ml of water for my tank.

Take note this is a non CO2 tank with 1.5 WPG of T5HO. I will be dosing Liquid C though.

Generally it's fine to add all 3 macro nutrient together.
It's Fe and PO4 you do not want to mix at concentrated levels.

So often folks will add a macro solution and then a trace mix. Tropica makes an excellent one.
Some folks dose daily,. some 3x a week.
With a non CO2 tank, 1x a week is common.

But your fish load and the NO3 also play a role, high vs low light, common sense stuff.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Generally it's fine to add all 3 macro nutrient together.
It's Fe and PO4 you do not want to mix at concentrated levels.

So often folks will add a macro solution and then a trace mix. Tropica makes an excellent one.
Some folks dose daily,. some 3x a week.
With a non CO2 tank, 1x a week is common.

But your fish load and the NO3 also play a role, high vs low light, common sense stuff.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Yeah I bought KNO3, K2PO4 and Trace off AE and made a Macro solution and a Trace solution. Much cheaper than the tropica stuff, and you can choose how concentrated you want it.

the thing is at the dosing stage it tells you to dose different amounts of each stock solution. So if i just add all solutions together and dose the tank on one measure than these will all be out :crazy:

unless i am missing something?

You'll have to do some simple maths to work out how much of each to add to a relevant amount of water. You could simply mix them all up seperately as per the instructions then stick the 3 mixed solutions into one larger bottle (or easier work out how much water you need to mix all three, put this in a large bottle, then add all three powders to it). If you need to add 5ml of one, 2ml of another and 1ml of the third then once they are all mixed into one bottle you'd need to add a total of 8ml to the tank. This will ensure a relevant amount of each of the three fertilisers.

You can't just get 1 litre of water and add all the relevant fertilisers, as for one it just won't all mix in, you'll be left with powder at the bottom of the bottle.

right so i have a 50US gallon tank - that means my dosage would be 76ml a day? seems a lot or am i right?!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back