Eheim Classic 2217

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I know its eheim and therefore must be good, just wanted to check this isnt one of the models that there were problems with.
 
The 2217 is one of the Classics, standard workhorse of the Eheim line. Expect many years fo service from that filter. The ones with a problem were the ECCO's.
 
Their clip's can be a nightmare and priming it too can be difficult but their good once working.
Do u have the taps with it?
All you need to do when servicing them is close the taps and dissconect. clean the canister then the outlet tube going back to the tank needs to be drained of all water but not the feed.

reconnect the pipes and open them and it should the prime it's self via gravity.

If you need any clips I have a load of new one's
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=275477&hl=
 
Was about to buy a brand new 2217 plus, which comes with all pipework, media, taps and assuming clips.

Want to run it alongside my juwel internal on the 400L, its currently got a tetratec ex1200 on it, but was going to move that to the 180L.
 
If it's new then it's good, then thing when servicing is the clips slip off and u can lose the little bar that holds them in place.

Just watch it as these can be difficult to find replacements
 
Is it hard to prime Davo?

Its the classic 2217 plus, Im looking at getting.
 
Is it hard to prime Davo?

Its the classic 2217 plus, Im looking at getting.

Yep same one I have,

Its not too hard to prime, although it does take a little time,
I simply used a funnel and jug and fill the cannister from the outlet pipe and then siphon the pipe a bit, and usually I can just turn on the filter and it starts (sometimes give me a mouthful of tank water in the process too, so you need to be quick to aim the outlet back into the tank)

You can also attach an internal filter (if you have one that has a hose adapter) to the inlet hose and simply let the internal prime the external
 
Sounds complicated, Im sure its not that bad, I can see me spending hours trying to work it out though :lol:
 
I ordered the Ehemi classic 2215. I researched others and this one seemed like the best filter for the price I got mine from Big Als for $109 no shipping or tax.
 
My internal filter has packed in overnight and now I'm in need of a new filter. I've got a 110L tank and was looking at a Eheim Classic 2213 (up to 200L).

Could anyone recomend one of these or suggest any other filters please?

Thanks
 
Could anyone recomend one of these or suggest any other filters please?

Definitely, if as said you don't mind the self priming part and are careful with the clips then you will be hardpressed to find a more reliable filter. I have a 2217 now and I used to have a 2213 on my old 125L

other brands to look out for would be tetratec or rena,
 

Most reactions

Back
Top