Egg Nog...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jennybugs

Eternally pruned fingers!
Reaction score
I am itching to know if it's worth trying to make this drink up as I'm dying to know what it tastes like :hyper: What is this curious beverage?

Thanks to National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and my sister, when I was younger, finding arecipe for Egg Nog and then calling my Jenny Nogs...a name that still sticks today some decades later :crazy: :lol:

Anyone of you lovely people got any recipes for this drink as I have no idea what's in it...I'm kinda guessing eggs are involved somewhere though :drool: :lol:

Thanks peeps :good:

Oh dear...it has it's own website:

eggnogrecipe.net

this is how u make it:
INGREDIENTS:
6 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 cups milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup brandy
1/3 cup dark rum
PREPARATION:
Chill everything before starting, for best results. Beat eggs until frothy, then beat in sugar, vanilla and nutmeg. Slowly stir in brandy, rum, cream and milk. Chill again, and serve eggnog cold.

I just buy my egg nog in a carton at the grocery store ???? :lol:

We don't get eggnog over here in the UK, thats why the op is asking.
I have been wanting to try some eggnog(love that name) since I saw it on the Simpsons. I must try the recipe.

I should say, though...it's not slimey like eggs...that's really the only difference. Not a big fan, myself :sick:

We don't get eggnog over here in the UK, thats why the op is asking.
I have been wanting to try some eggnog(love that name) since I saw it on the Simpsons. I must try the recipe.

i just brought some in local tesco is in a small carton with a straw.haven't tried it yet but i think i will heat it up with some added brandy :drool:

drink it within a couple of days or the egg will go off,it will give you a nasty bad gutt,i make my own bailys and it only keeps a week or so,as it goes off,mind you it never lasts more than a day in this house,,kenny

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back