June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SLIM said:
Well hey, you probably don't throw a fit every time you close the door and everything gets stuck in it or falls out
angry.png
  My cabinet has long skinny door space, not too much vertical, sigh.
LOL No this is very true. Everything has its place and everythings in its place. What drives me mad is when i want something and i cant find it
laugh.png
And im like.. Im sure i put it there!!! LOL

SLIM said:

Well hey, you probably don't throw a fit every time you close the door and everything gets stuck in it or falls out
angry.png
  My cabinet has long skinny door space, not too much vertical, sigh.
LOL No this is very true. Everything has its place and everythings in its place. What drives me mad is when i want something and i cant find it
laugh.png
And im like.. Im sure i put it there!!! LOL
Hey just checking out your profile. You have a 60Gallon low tech heavily planted eh?? Do you have a journal?

I do I do :D    It's due for a teeny tiny update but here it is. It's my first journal and my first planted tank, and first big tank lol so keep that in mind :rolleyes:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/412483-new-60g-planted-journal/

Livewire88 said:
Looking good, the jubilee clips will be fine but I am surprised that you could not use the connectors that are fitted to the atomizer. What I usually do when fitting pipes to this sort of connector is dip the end of the pipe in a cup of boiled water, then quickly fit the pipe over the connector and then turn the connector, makes it a lot easier as the pipe is nice and supple. Cant wait to see you tank in a few weeks once the Co2 has been running, make sure you add lots of pictures :good:  
Good thinkin batman, cant believe I didnt think of that myself. Shall give it a try tomorrow, it will look tidier:)
I plan to have a little replant before I use the co2, nothing hasty. Was thinking pull out alot of the vallis at the back and replace with Limnophila sessiliflora (Ambulia), Water Wisteria, Red Cabomba and Red Ludwigia Repends for colour and texture. Let em grow nice bushy and tall. Cant wait to start.

greenmumma141 said:
Well hey, you probably don't throw a fit every time you close the door and everything gets stuck in it or falls out :angry:   My cabinet has long skinny door space, not too much vertical, sigh.
LOL No this is very true. Everything has its place and everythings in its place. What drives me mad is when i want something and i cant find it:lol: And im like.. Im sure i put it there!!! LOL
SLIM said:

Well hey, you probably don't throw a fit every time you close the door and everything gets stuck in it or falls out :angry:   My cabinet has long skinny door space, not too much vertical, sigh.
LOL No this is very true. Everything has its place and everythings in its place. What drives me mad is when i want something and i cant find it:lol: And im like.. Im sure i put it there!!! LOL
Hey just checking out your profile. You have a 60Gallon low tech heavily planted eh?? Do you have a journal?  I do I do :D    It's due for a teeny tiny update but here it is. It's my first journal and my first planted tank, and first big tank lol so keep that in mind :rolleyes: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/412483-new-60g-planted-journal/ lol ok cool I have a look now XD

Livewire88 said:
Looking good, the jubilee clips will be fine but I am surprised that you could not use the connectors that are fitted to the atomizer.

What I usually do when fitting pipes to this sort of connector is dip the end of the pipe in a cup of boiled water, then quickly fit the pipe over the connector and then turn the connector, makes it a lot easier as the pipe is nice and supple.

Cant wait to see you tank in a few weeks once the Co2 has been running, make sure you add lots of pictures :good:  
Well tried the hot water trick and nope, its just far too tight. Sticking with the jubilee clips. If its that hard to get on I cant even begin to imagine what getting it off is like lol jubilee clips makes it nice n easy. Your never see it anyway:)
As long as its water tight eh?

SLIM said:
SLIM said:

Hey just checking out your profile. You have a 60Gallon low tech heavily planted eh?? Do you have a journal?  I do I do :D    It's due for a teeny tiny update but here it is. It's my first journal and my first planted tank, and first big tank lol so keep that in mind :rolleyes: http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/412483-new-60g-planted-journal/ lol ok cool I have a look now XD
Wow what an impressive tank. Love the redmoor root, slightly jealous of that lol. I think iv actually stumbled accross your journal before. Very nice cant wait to see a update:)

Drop checkers have arrived from HK:)

Are you sure you are using the fittings the right way? when I first tried to fit my inline I wound the fixings off then pushed them over the pipe before pushing the pipe on the Atomizer, then tried to wind the fixing in. Noticed I had made a mistake when they would not tighten. 

I then realized that the the plastic nuts need to stay on the atomizer fully tightened (in to the atomizer), then once you push the pipe over the thread you wind the plastic nuts backwards over the top of the pipe, just wanting to check you haven't done the same thing. 

good.gif

Livewire88 said:
Are you sure you are using the fittings the right way? when I first tried to fit my inline I wound the fixings off then pushed them over the pipe before pushing the pipe on the Atomizer, then tried to wind the fixing in. Noticed I had made a mistake when they would not tighten.  I then realized that the the plastic nuts need to stay on the atomizer fully tightened (in to the atomizer), then once you push the pipe over the thread you wind the plastic nuts backwards over the top of the pipe, just wanting to check you haven't done the same thing.  :good:  
LMAO this is exactly what iv done lol guess il try again tomorrow lol oh dear how could I get this so wrong lol

Livewire88 said:
Are you sure you are using the fittings the right way? when I first tried to fit my inline I wound the fixings off then pushed them over the pipe before pushing the pipe on the Atomizer, then tried to wind the fixing in. Noticed I had made a mistake when they would not tighten. 

I then realized that the the plastic nuts need to stay on the atomizer fully tightened (in to the atomizer), then once you push the pipe over the thread you wind the plastic nuts backwards over the top of the pipe, just wanting to check you haven't done the same thing. 

:good:  
You where right lol got them on properly now lol what a faff!!! Thanx for your help

Supraman said:
Looking great jealous of the external filters :(
I will need to buy one once I make my 150gal tank
Thanx, the FX5 truely is an amazing external. Best iv had yet. Expensive but highly recommended. I guess most people would have a sump with a tank of this size but I have 0 experience with sumps tbh.
Love a good external tho:)

Quick update...

So the drop checkers are here from HK, check valves have arrived andup atomizer has now been fitted properly.
All is left now is my FE, co2 tubing, timer for solenoid, 4dkh, my custom LEDs and some more dry salts and im good to go XD

With that eBay filter, how do you get repacement filters? Or is it all just media you buy at a LFS? I was looking at one for 120 shipped for a 175g gal tank

T
Supraman said:
With that eBay filter, how do you get repacement filters? Or is it all just media you buy at a LFS? I was looking at one for 120 shipped for a 175g gal tank
are you talking about the allpondsolution filter?

Supraman said:
Yea the white eBay filter you bought, does it just take media from the LFS or are there actual replaceable filters inside of it?
The ebay link I provided unfortunately was only for the filter and sponges.
However in the end I didnt buy it off ebay, I bought it directly from the manufacturer and it did come with all the media.
It came with sponges, biological filtration, carbon and bio balls.
Im sure I have seen them on ebay from other suppliers who do provide all the media.
Or you could purchase directly from allpondsolution like I did.

FOUND THEM FOR YOU

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-fish-tank-external-filter-1400L-H-Free-Media-1400EF-/180741916695?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item2a150ec817

1400ef with free media

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-fish-tank-external-filter-2000L-H-Free-Media-2000EF-/400251100928?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item5d30d31f00

2000ef with media

Dont know why allpondsolutions list them seperately, with and without media for same price. Silly really
Hope this helps
Their actually very good filters:)

Hmm... I'm wondering if an external filter would help me with my filter problems I've been having lately..... hmmm......

greenmumma141 said:
Hmm... I'm wondering if an external filter would help me with my filter problems I've been having lately..... hmmm......
What problems have you been having? Externals really are fantastic filters. I personally would have an external over a internal anyday:)

Most reactions

Back