Eco-complete

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So my light is ok?

I'll be using Eco Complete and ferts, I already have some plants which thrived but then got beaten by algae, now I know what plants to get etc and the ferts and eco complete It'll be better.

Yes I believe experience rather than myth and my mind is set on Eco Complete.

EcoComplete isn't though - personally I feel it may be a bit rough for larger cory though my pygmy cory were fine with it. I found it poor for small carpeting plants like HC but that may have just been me!

I'm not after carpeting plants really i'm just going to fill up some spare space at the front with a little Java Moss on Slate (like in the sticky.) I had Peppered Corys before and they didn't grow so I feel they'll be ok. Unless you think Flourite is better?

I'm a fan of decent substrate beneath sand now - my next tank will be Tropica Plant Substrate beneath Hagen Black River Sand (from www.aquaessentials.co.uk), I have the same sand in my 5-gallon and I really like it (I have JBL AquaBasis Plus beneath it but only because I had some left over so no point buying anything else).

Hmm now i'm not sure what to do, I wouldn't mind sand on top I guess, the fish would like it. But it'd cost more still and I can't really afford loads since i'm only 14.

What's Seachem Onyx Sand like?

I'm pretty confused there's so many and they seem to do the same thing? Is there any good ones for low light non CO2 anti-algae etc?

Also i've lots of people's tanks with Eco Complete it they say it is excellent and I think it looks good too.

So should I not be getting Eco Complete and getting something different or what?

EcoComplete is +£20 per bag. The sand I got was about £12 and the substrate stuff is ~£10 for a 2.5Litre bag. Not overly much in the price especially since some shops sell EcoComplete for closer to £25.

I chose the Hagen sand as it's entirely natural - some sand/fine gravel seems coated with resin to turn it black which I really don't like the idea of.

EC works great with HC and glosso, I got a lush carpet of HC in my nano when I used EC! It is expensive I'll give you that.

I also find my corys and barbs get on fine with it to, it might not be fine like sand but its not sharp either, with I think is the key.

Sam

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back