Easy plants to take care of for a 5 gallon

It should have no problems, unless the water is so hard it cannot support fish, but even that might not be "too hard" for Java Ferns. This plant can be grown successfully in brackish water so it is fairly accommodating when it comes to water parameters and such.

It should have no problems, unless the water is so hard it cannot support fish, but even that might not be "too hard" for Java Ferns. This plant can be grown successfully in brackish water so it is fairly accommodating when it comes to water parameters and such.
Ok thanks 👍

It's definitely one of those that is supposed to be, but I've found its performance varies between waters that are exactly the same.
One point to note with this is to take extreme care NOT to crush or even bruise stems when planting it.
it likes light
it is similar to anacharis in terms of growing, once the anacharis and it reach a certain light level they take off

uh oh i do that every time i propogate i use my nails to pinch it off
(my nails are very very short but it gets the job done
they are fine after that yes they are very weak!

Maybe take out the plastic plants and maybe remove the substrate. If you can't do that, try adding root tabs or some sort of nutritions material under the gravel. This way you can plant stem plants instead of plastic ones, which are much better and prettier for your tank.

I highly recommend ludwigia palustris, as it is fast growing, pretty, easy to take care of(just have fish in the tank lol), and so easy to propagate. Only need 1 plant and some time, and you can just snip parts off and replant them. Just make sure there's enough nutrients in the substrate to plant them.

Another one is java moss, which also takes off. However, try to tie it down and keep it away from duckweed as it will seriously mess it up.

EDIT: Get floating plants too. You can get really anything, just avoid duckweed at all costs. It's a nightmare.

it likes light
it is similar to anacharis in terms of growing, once the anacharis and it reach a certain light level they take off

uh oh i do that every time i propogate i use my nails to pinch it off
(my nails are very very short but it gets the job done
they are fine after that yes they are very weak!
Please promise to never pinch me. 😛😛😛

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back