Easy Plants To Grow?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bennett418

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Had few tanks now and some of the plants i have bought grow well some simply die.

What can i go for that will grow easy and fast? its for a 2 foot high tank so fast growing doesn't worry me.

thanks

Had few tanks now and some of the plants i have bought grow well some simply die.

What can i go for that will grow easy and fast? its for a 2 foot high tank so fast growing doesn't worry me.

thanks

How much lighting have you got? Easy to grow plants include Cryptocorynes, Vallisneria, Hygrophila, Cabomba, Echinodorus and Ludwigia.

In new tank will most likely be 1 x 60" 58w tube. times run will be 7am-9am then 5pm-10pm then moonlight till midnight

Could you add an extra tube? With a tank depth of 60cm the lighting will be quite low with only one tube, also moonlight lighting can cause algae problems in planted tanks.

what 'T' rating it the tube? (T8, T5 etc) and what size tank?

also having the lights with a break wont do your plants any good, better to go with 8-12 hours straight.

sorry i didnt get back, i have been away.

T8 will struggle to penetrate to the bottom, investing in some T6's from aqua essentials may help. They output 40% more light than T8, and they fit in the same ballast.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back